Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pajju Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2013, 06:54 AM
    My wife had an affair before marriage, I am not able to forgive her.
    My wife had an affair before marriage. She revealed it during our honeymoon, but after 8 year of our marriage also. I am not able to forget it, and I dislike her to the bottom of my heart, she said she will commit suicide if I leave her. We have two daughters now, what should I do?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2013, 06:59 AM
    Hello p:

I understand... Get rid of her, and find a virgin if you can. By the way, were YOU a virgin when you met her? Did YOU have any sexual experiences??

Look. Here's what you should do. MAN up! You made a commitment, and you have two daughters. You don't have to forgive her, but STOP making her life miserable.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 6, 2013, 07:24 AM
    Get professional counseling, where you dating then ? Why and what happened? Did you have sex before you married her ? After all of these years, you learn to deal with it
    OR
    Leave her, and file for divorce, threating to kill yourself is a form of control, and even emotional abuse, if you can not get over this.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jun 6, 2013, 07:31 AM
    I think there is lack of trust. She definitely blackmailing you. But it's up to you how you see your present relationship. If you have are happy and loving relationship and family then you might forgive her. If she is threatening too much then better leave her. I don't understand the virgin point though. virgin or not, trust is the issue. I think there are some lines each relationship should have to set.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2013, 07:36 AM
    It is difficult being perfect, is it not? You hold everyone to the highest of standards - the ones that have been set by you. And your kids can only benefit from you hating your wife to the bottoms of your heart. So I see you have their best interest at heart.

Your wife should celebrate if you leave her.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2013, 08:52 AM
    "I think there is lack of trust. she definitely blackmailing you. but it's up to you how you see your present relationship. if you have are happy and loving relationship and family then you might forgive her. if she is threatening too much then better leave her. I don't understand the virgin point though. virgin or not, trust is the issue. I think there are some lines each relationship should have to set."

Forgive her for what? For having a relationship (I question the word "affair") before marriage? I thought married people had affairs because legal promises and commitments are broken. Other people have relatonships. That's how it works "legally."

I don't think this is a happy and loving relationship if she is threatening to kill herself and he hates her in return.

Yes, this is emotional blackmail.

I question why, 8 years later, 2 children later, this is still in the forefront of OP's mind. Is this an excuse to end the marriage? Obviously it wasn't an excuse not to have children.

I'd love to hear the wife's version of this relationship!

I can also only imagine the hostility in the household (mother threatening suicide, father carrying on about something that happened 8 years ago), and two children are living there.

I think OP should do everyone a favor and either get counselling or leave. My best is that wife will not kill herself.

I also think husband has nothing to "forgive" or, if he did, that time limit passed 8 years ago - more or less. Either let it go or he should go.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 8, 2013, 08:59 AM
    When you say affair, do you mean she cheated on you before you were married, that the two of you were dating when she had this affair? Or, do you mean that she had sex with another man before she met you?

Either way, you married her, and then stayed with her for 8 years, and 2 children. If it was this much of a problem you should have had the marriage annulled as soon as you found out.

So why now? What's really going on? What's the real reason you want a divorce?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2013, 09:18 AM
    And I wonder where this is - is the inability to "forgive" (if that's a good word, and I don't think it is) religious or cultural?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I forgive my wife's affair? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been with my wife for 21 yrs married for half that time, I just found out that she had a 3 year affair starting the year before we got married and continued for the for two years after the wedding. I've always been in love with her and still am, but I can't get the notion of her betraying me...

My wife was in a affair with some one before marriage [ 38 Answers ]

Hi Our marriage is 10 months old and she is pregnant few days back she accidentally opened her mailbox in front of me and afterward casually said my boyfriend is also getting married, when I went into details I found she had a relationship to which she said no initially but then after much talks...

I had an affair but my wife won't forgive me [ 13 Answers ]

I am the cheating spouse. I had the affair. I understand her pain and I understand what I did was wrong and devastating, but the vileness in her contempt is destroying what love we have for each, other if any. I don't know what to do! Can someone help me?:(

My wife had an affair before marriage: she confessed to it but. [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, My wife had an affair with a guy before we got marriage. She confessed to it a month after we got married. She had a physical affair with him for 2 years. Although she revealed it to me and she felt sad, cried, I was totally moved. It makes me feel terrible and I'am unable to...

View more questions Search