Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Avb5623 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2013, 05:50 AM
    Should I tell my counsellor
    I have depression and am currently seeing a counsellor to help. I started cutting myself last week and I don't know if I should tell my counsellor. I am living with family friends atm and they don't have any children but the man saw my cuts and told me he had a hack saw in his shed if I wanted to do it properly. I think I should tell my counsellor what he said but at the same time I don't know how to say it or what to say? Can someone help please
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 6, 2013, 06:05 AM
    I'm a counselor. I urge you to tell all this to yours, especially the family friend's nasty comment when he saw your cuts.

Counseling is like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. Each time you don't talk about something, it's like you are hiding one of the puzzle pieces and the counselor will never be able to put the entire puzzle together with you and help you.

If you truly want help and be able to stop cutting and feel better about stuff, don't hide any puzzle pieces in your pocket! Trust me -- the counselor will not judge you and you will feel huge relief!
    Tc123 Posts: 64, Reputation: 7

Jun 22, 2013, 04:15 PM
    Dear Gosh yes! Please do tell someone. I cannot judge this man but he does not sound like the person you would want to talk to about this. Maybe he has a different way of "teaching" so to speak. Listen, you must know by now that when you do "that", it is an attempt to relieve or hopefully get rid of the real pain or the real issue causing the pain. Please don't listen to that nonsense from him. Maybe he doesn't know any better. Please talk to someone else and then someone else and then someone else again if each person does not seem to help you. I don't care if you have to go to authorities and I know this can be very scary. Please write back and let us all know how you are doing. We all might not be able to get back right away but I will keep my puter on for you and keep checking in. PLEASE write back soon lil' dollin' to let us (and me!) know how you are doing. PLEEEEEAAAASE?? LOVE You so much without even knowing you! I care! T. Smiles at ya'!

Jun 22, 2013, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tc123 View Post
    Dear Gosh yes! Please do tell someone. I cannot judge this man but he does not sound like the person you would want to talk to about this. Maybe he has a different way of "teaching" so to speak. Listen, you must know by now that when you do "that", it is an attempt to relieve or hopefully get rid of the real pain or the real issue causing the pain. Please don't listen to that nonsense from him. Maybe he doesn't know any better. Please talk to someone else and then someone else and then someone else again if each person does not seem to help you. I don't care if you have to go to authorities and I know this can be very scary. Please write back and let us all know how you are doing. We all might not be able to get back right away but I will keep my puter on for you and keep checking in. PLEASE write back soon lil' dollin' to let us (and me!) know how you are doing. PLEEEEEAAAASE??? LOVE You so much without even knowing you! I care! T. Smiles at ya'!!

Hi, I'm living with this guy at the moment and I cannot stand it I think I'm going to have to find somewhere else. He wakes me up every morning calling me a lazy cow or other insults and I'm just not happy. I would love To go home but I don't think that will happen
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 22, 2013, 04:41 PM
    Did you tell your counselor about this yet?

Jun 22, 2013, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Did you tell your counselor about this yet?
    Yeah I did but she just overlooked it so I am finding someone else to see
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 22, 2013, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Avb5623 View Post
    Yeah I did but she just overlooked it so I am finding someone else to see
    She overlooked it? What did she say?

Jun 22, 2013, 05:48 PM
    She overlooked it? What did she say?
    She didn't say anything then went on to say how she thinks I don't need to see someone
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 22, 2013, 05:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Avb5623 View Post
    She didn't say anything then went on to say how she thinks I don't need to see someone
    And you immediately held up your hand and said, "Not true!"

Have you told her all that you have said here?

What kind of credentials does this person have?

Jun 22, 2013, 06:54 PM
    And you immediately held up your hand and said, "Not true!"

Have you told her all that you have said here?

What kind of credentials does this person have?
    Nah I just went with it and decided I would see someone else

I told her everything including what the guy said but then she just spoke about something completely different

And she has an honours in applied science and doctrate in psychology I think

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need an online counsellor [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible for me to have someone listen to me in private and help me solve some of my problens online?

Expenses incurred as a counsellor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My wife worked as a counselor in a juvenile improvement center (North County Lifeline). It is not listed in Pub 78, but they said that is a charitable org. Is there any way to get a credit/deduction for the expenses incurred as a result of this. She was not paid, but here institution is...

What qualifications do I need to be a drugs counsellor in ireland? [ 3 Answers ]

Well I've been their and done most of them and learned a lot in my experience taking them,so why not use what I learned and become a drugs counsellor But what qualifications do I need in ireland to do this? I never finished school because of drugs and other things All help would be great...

Marriage counsellor [ 6 Answers ]

A husband and wife came for counselling after 15 years of marriage. When asked what the problem was, the wife went into a passionate, painful tirade Listing every problem they had ever had in the 15 years they had been Married. She went on and on and on: neglect, lack of intimacy,...

View more questions Search