Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    precious_angel_sj Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 04:13 PM
    Can my HOA sell my house?
    I am behind in my hoa dues and was cited for a satellite dish in front of my house. My hoa sent me to collections and they are threatening to sell my house if I do not pay in full. Can they legally sell my house even though I'm the one who pays the mortgage on it?
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Mar 23, 2007, 06:04 PM
    Yes - they would sell the house and your mortgage would be paid off... make arrangements to pay the HOA dues IMMEDIATELY and check the FCC website for what your options are with regard to your "dish"
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 23, 2007, 07:29 PM
    What are the terms of your HOA agreement,

Now if this is at a collection agency, no they are not going to sell your house, or put in your jail, I got a big surprise, collection agency people lie to you, to scare you and to cheat you some way to make you pay.

** but of course you violated the rules, most likely was warned and did not correct the problem, so you most likely really owe the money so you should pay.

But they can sue for a judgement, they can garnish your pay, they can attach the bank accounts,a and they could put a lien on the home.

So yes they can do a lot of things, sell the house most likely not, unless you have some terms in the agreement that say they can

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HOA Filing a Lien on a house. [ 3 Answers ]

I am the President of my Home Owners Association. We have a couple of homowners who refuse to pay their home owner dues. It clearly states in our bylaws that we reserve the right to file a lien against your house if you are delinquent in paying your dues. My questions are, do we need a lawyer to...

Can I sell my house during bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

Can I sell my house during bankruptsy and can the court ger my equity?

Need To Sell My House [ 3 Answers ]

My house is on the market and we need to sell before we lose it to foreclosure, how long do I have to try to sell it before we lose it? It is not official yet, but possible this month if we do not catch up on past payments. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Can he sell the house if the deeds in his name [ 1 Answers ]

I want to buy a propery in Florida from a man who is going through a divorce. He bought the house when he was single and only his name is on the deed. He got married later and now is going through a divorce. 1. Can he sell me the house? 2. His wife is still living in the house with her family....

View more questions Search