Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barbiedoll54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2013, 04:21 PM
    Hydraulic Oil
    How Is hydrolic oil like and not like motor oil How would one clean up a hydraulic oil spill?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 5, 2013, 05:53 PM
    Can you explain where the hydraulic oil came from as there are many types approved for different use. Was it out of heavy equiptment or something else?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 7, 2013, 07:48 AM
    Hydraulic oil and motor oil are entirely different. Motor oil is design to provide thin layers of lubrication between metal parts in a hot engine. Hydraulic oil (such as brajke fluid or power steering fluid in a car) is designed to transmit pressure in a hydraulic system with minimal compressibiity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hydraulic oil spilled onto driveway [ 3 Answers ]

On Thursday I had some building materials delivered. The young driver asked if he could park partially onto my neighbours driveway to unload the building sand and slabs and gravel. When he was dropping the bag of gravel his hose pipe burst on the hydraulic crane lift and spurted out hydraulic oil...

New hydraulic company name [ 4 Answers ]

Need a name for a new hydraulic company that I'm starting

Duerr log splitter hydraulic oil filter [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Duerr log splitter. I wish to change the hydraulic oil filter but Fram no longer makes the one I have. What brand and number of a filter will be appropriate?

Hydraulic calculation [ 1 Answers ]

How do I calculate hydraulic head of a booster pump and transfer pump?

View more questions Search