Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2013, 05:38 AM
    War on Women 4.6
    Hello:

Fox News Eric Bolling said,
    .. that the reason 4 out of 10 women are the primary provider for their families is “the breakdown of the American family.” He continued, saying, “Women are forced to go out and be the breadwinners for the families and that is why the numbers are higher now — single moms.”

But it was the question Bolling asked next that really made a leap to new territory. “If you are a single mom, breadwinner of the family, and you get pregnant, aren't we pushing towards more abortions? It seems like we are."
    Right winger, Eric Erickson said,
    I'm so used to liberals telling conservatives that they're anti-science. But liberals who defend this and say it is not a bad thing are very anti-science. When you look at biology — when you look at the natural world — the roles of a male and a female in society and in other animals, the male typically is the dominant role. The female, it's not antithesis, or it's not competing, it's a complementary role.
    Right winger, Megan Kelly confronts uber right winger, Lou Dobbs,
    over his comments attributing women's role in the workplace to marriages "shattering" in society.
    Right wing governor Phil Bryant, Mississippi, said
    America's educational troubles began when women began working outside the home in large numbers.
    Right wing retiring senator, Saxby Chandliss said,
    that the “hormone level created by nature” was to blame for rapes in the military and that all pregnant servicewomen should be investigated to make sure their condition was the result of consensual sex.
    But, there's no war on women...

Excon
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2013, 05:52 AM
    Of course there isn't it is all in your mind, or their's, it's like the glass ceiling, if they can't get the top job someone is biased, no it's just they don't have the ability
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2013, 08:00 AM
    Still waiting for Planned Parenthood and Naral to support standards for abortion clinics. Meanwhile:

Man Takes 12-Year-Old to Planned Parenthood for Abortion to Hide Rape
    Attached Images

tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2013, 09:05 AM
    Those were outstanding comments made in testimony too ! Wish I could've watched the hearings yesterday .
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2013, 03:55 AM
    For the first time since 1950 there will be no swimsuit competition at the Miss World pageant thanks to the religion of perpetual outrage. Instead they'll wear beach sarongs, whatever that is.

Miss World pageant buckles to pressure from Muslim hardliners in Indonesia, nixes bikini competition - CBS News

All you "war on women" and "turn back the clock" folks have the wrong people in your sights, but I don't expect you to criticize the religion of perpetual outrage any time soon, you're afraid the next fatwa will be directed at you.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2013, 03:59 AM
    They should just abolish the pageants outright in my opinion.
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2013, 04:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    They should just abolish the pageants outright in my opinion.
    Some time you have to be inclusive, abolution of swin suit contestes does nothing now abolution of the hijab...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 7, 2013, 05:56 AM
    Whoa, which religion of outrage are we talking about? They all seem outraged about something? They all want to control their masses. Especially the female masses.
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2013, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Whoa, which religion of outrage are we talking about? They all seem outraged about something? They all want to control their masses. Especially the female masses.
    Um Tal, besides being a no-brainer, it was specified.

Miss World pageant buckles to pressure from Muslim hardliners in Indonesia, nixes bikini competition - CBS News

And Baptists don't issue fatwas.
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2013, 06:15 AM
    Have you thought why?

It seems to me the female masses, as you put it, have no respect for the male, they don't recognise we are different ot them, differently motivated or alternatively they seek to dominate us from the cradle to the grave. I have heard the female screem domination but do they understand domnation? Where no decision goes un-challenged, no expenditure is allowed?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2013, 06:18 AM
    It seems to me the female masses, as you put it, have no respect for the male, they don't recognise we are different ot them, differently motivated or alternatively they seek to dominate us from the cradle to the grave. I have heard the female screem domination but do they understand domnation? Where no decision goes un-challenged, no expenditure is allowed?
    Who are these women you surround yourself with? Or maybe the problem is you, not them?
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2013, 06:53 AM
    The Obama admin has dropped it's (half-hearted I'm sure) effort to block OTC sales of the morning after pill to women and girls of any age. Said the protectors of women:

“We will not rest in this fight until the morning-after pill is made available without delay and obstruction,” said Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, a lawyer and the executive director of the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund, which represented the plaintiffs in the case.

Cecile Richards, the president of Planned Parenthood said: “This is a huge breakthrough for access to birth control and a historic moment for women's health and equity.”
    Personally, I think this is a historic moment for undermining parental authority but I get it, you lefties don't believe our children belong to us anyway. However, the first time some predator gets caught buying these things to cover for sexual abuse of those children I hope you all have an epiphany on who it is waging a war on women while you share in the shame for allowing this.

Link: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/us...er=rss&emc=rss
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2013, 07:00 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Let's talk about that. Do you believe a 15 year old boy who impregnates his 15 year old girlfriend is a predator in need of jail time?

excon
    Expert

Jun 11, 2013, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

Let's talk about that. Do you believe a 15 year old boy who impregnates his 15 year old girlfriend is a predator in need of jail time?

excon
    Or does he believe a female that cannot talk to their parents about sex for whatever reason shouldn't be protected from their own mistakes?
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2013, 07:59 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

excon
    What on earth makes you think I would believe that? What I believe is that we should not give more tools to embolden that 21-year-old, or that uncle, or that predator stalking that 15 year old in the mall. What I believe is a minor child should still be under the authority of their parents who love them and protect them, and that pathetic groups that cannot recognize the life of a child taken by a butcher, or think that uncle should take them across the state line for an abortion if the parents won't consent have no damn business interfering in how we raise our children.

You, not so much. It's more and more clear that you don't think conservatives and parents have any rights at all.
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2013, 08:09 AM
    Or does he believe a female that cannot talk to their parents about sex for whatever reason shouldn't be protected from their own mistakes?
    Oh boo hoo, that's a tired old excuse. You're darn right I believe the parents of a minor child have the right to decide if their child can have an abortion or contraceptives. I find it quite pathetic that you don't.
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2013, 08:23 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

I've heard this stuff before, but I want to make sure I understand your position... You believe that you should DENY underage pregnant females the RIGHT to buy Plan B, because an abuser would use it to cover up his crime.. And, you believe there are ENOUGH predators out there to justify your position...

I think you've been reading TOOO many detective magazines..

excon
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 11, 2013, 08:25 AM
    Bye bye Roe v Wade. Since you think that children should be allowed to have access to birth control at will because it is their decision then shouldn't the minimum age of consent also be lifted? After all your messing with a woman (cough) girls decision about her body.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 11, 2013, 08:30 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

I've heard this stuff before, but I wanna make sure I understand your position... You believe that you should DENY underage pregnant females the RIGHT to buy Plan B, because an abuser would use it to cover up his crime.. And, you believe there are ENOUGH predators out there to justify your position...

I think you've been reading TOOO many detective magazines..

excon
    Maybe a little research would have helped here.

Ref:

747,408. That's how many registered sex offenders there are in the United States. And according to new information from National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, that number has increased dramatically since 2006. Here are the details.

Statistic:

56,000: Cases of child sexual abuse were reported and substantiated in 2007, according to the national sex offender website. Approximately 30 percent of child sexual abuse cases are reported to authorities.

33 percent: Sexual assaults occur when the victim is between the ages of 12 and 17, the national website reports. Teens ages 16 to 19 years old are 3 1/2 times more likely than the general population to be the victims of rape, attempted rape or sexual assault.

18 percent: Women report being raped at some point in their lifetime, and 3 percent of men, according to a National Violence Against Women Survey conducted in 2006. 54 percent of female victims and 71 percent of male victims were first raped before their 18th birthday.

Source:

Number of Registered Sex Offenders Increasing

I think that is plenty that may be out there needing the protection of at least a Doctor to determine what is actually going on.
    Expert

Jun 11, 2013, 08:35 AM
    I didn't say children, I said females. And yes sexually active ones should have the means to protect themselves. And YES 14 year olds are engaging in sex. Yes they should be protected from their mistakes.

Be great if they were abstinent but that's not happening is it, after centuries of preaching and laws against it. That's just reality for me, since the alternative is unwanted pregnancy and abortions, and I don't like those alternatives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The war on women [ 1516 Answers ]

Hello: We've had post after post about this alleged war on women. The right wing says, what war? There's nothing going on here. Look over there. Then they accuse the Democrats of pitting women against men. They just want to talk about jobs... But, even after those discussion, the war on...

The war on women round II [ 20 Answers ]

U.S. drops the ball on women's rights - CNN.com It seems the US is indeed conducting a war on women which places it in the same league as the restrictive society of Iran, and why, because instead of acknowledging gains endorsed by most of the world, it is a hold out for some utopian view, what...

Obama's war on women [ 18 Answers ]

Why does Obama hate women? Add to that the fact that Obama doesn't care about real life issues women are facing such as gas and grocery prices instead of $9.00 contraceptives, and I'd say Obama is the one waging a war on women, not Republicans.

View more questions Search