Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desi143 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Can a felon go to the uk
    My boyfriend and I were planing to go to london for my b day next year I was wondering if conficted felons can go to the uk
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Is he still on parole?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Apart from the above, the US reserves the right to refuse passports to anyone convicted of a crime, this is reviewed on a case by case basis. If he gets a passport then yes he can go.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva
    If he gets a passport then yes he can go.
    Hello Low:

Yes, but will England let him in? That's the question.

It doesn't matter if he has a passport or not, Canada won't let him in. I don't know about the UK, but Canada isn't the only country that doesn't give visas to excons.

excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2007, 08:26 PM
    Ah right, ICES, back in my day we didn't have such a fancy system that automatically checked this.
    vietboy714 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Sep 11, 2007, 04:13 PM
    You can go anywhere as long as you have a valid passport and are not on parole or probation.
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Actually no, as mentionned above some countries reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone that has criminal convictions. Between Canada and the US they have a computer system to see convictions in either country.

So someone from the US can be refused entry to Canada for previous convictions and vice versa.

I don't know if the UK has this ability to check convictions on the spot like this, I would assume it's possible since it's just linking to a North American police system.
    Lorn MacUmber Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Comment on Lowtax4eva's post
    Answer really does not say yes or no, or what is the chance of getting the passport
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva
    Apart from the above, the US reserves the right to refuse passports to anyone convicted of a crime, this is reviewed on a case by case basis. If he gets a passport then yes he can go.

Lorn, this post is kind of old and like I said, it's a case by case review, I'm no expert on UK entry requirements.
    adamwillard21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2011, 07:07 AM
    I've traveled extensively for the past five years was able to visit over 20 countries, and recently got a felony conviction for marijuana. Canada refused me entry last year even though I have a valid passport.. Same with the U.S. I have a friend who lives in Canada who also has a felony conviction for growing marijuana and he isn't allowed in the States. We recently planned a trip to Mexico & he had to find a direct flight to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico from Vancouver because the United States wouldn't even allow him to have a flight connection anywhere in the U.S. And the U.K. Is the same.. You can get a flight there, but once you land if you have a felony you will be refused entry & detained at Customs until you can be sent back on the next available flight. It's possible to get a waiver, but it is very uncommon.. The U.S. Canada, Japan, and the U.K. are all countries who refuse entry to most felons.. But for me I couldn't care less I would much rather spend my time in beautiful & exotic locations such as India, Thailand, Morocco, Jamaica, Nepal, Indonesia, etc.. I visited the UK before my felony conviction... Trust me you aren't missing much!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2011, 07:35 AM
    This is from 2008 - time to close?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A felon who wants to travel [ 18 Answers ]

I am a felon. I did HARD time in the Illinois penal system for being a middle man in a drug deal! I was told I had to pay my debt to society, this debt cost me 7 years of my life! I'm thinking I'm all paid up. But this my friends is the debt that is never paid! I am older and wiser now but still...

Convicted Felon [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All I have a federal felony for Bank Fraud. I'm currentlty on probatin and It will end December 2008. So my felony will be on my record once my probation is over. Now I'm engaged and my Fiance' is enlisted in the United States Air Force. His orders will send him oversea's More than likely to...

What do I go to college for as a felon? [ 9 Answers ]

I am almost 23 and a felon... I've been working dead end labor jobs for the past 4 and a half years and decided I want to go college to make more money because I can't survive now on my own with what I make a year... so my question is what can I go to school to study for that will overall give me a...

Felon who needs work [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way I can get CDL traing at a truck driving school? In MI

Trafficking and felon [ 1 Answers ]

I am asking this for a person who owns a Billiards /restaurant club in a small town. The police came in saying someone has said they bought POT there and ask who sold it ,they all said no one.The police ask if they had a restroom and went in it,came out saying he found a baggy with residue of...

View more questions Search