Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lordwispa Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2013, 08:38 PM
    Keyboard keys gone mad
    Hello, today my keyboard decided several keys would change roles. Letter t I have to cut and paste. If I tap it it tabs out or every few taps will pRINt A t. CAPS LOCK IS PLAYING UP ALSO. THE LEFt DIRECtION tO CAPS LOCK AND BACK SPACE PLAYS BETtWEEN BACKSPACE AND NUMBER SIX, NUMBER SIX DOES NOtHING. THESE KEYS HAVEN't JUSt CHANGED, tHEY ALtERNAtE A BIt. IS MY KEYBOARD FRIED? I HAVE NO OtHER tO tESt OR tRY
    PLEASE HELP!
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2013, 04:42 AM
    If you get characters out just by tapping on it, I would suspect a loose connection somewhere. The easy one to test is where it plugs into the computer. Otherwise, you'll have to take the keyboard apart and look for a mylar circuit similar to the picture attached. The tab part should plug into a circuit board connector. Gently pull it out and plug it back in. Note that sometimes there is a locking mechanism on the connector, so be sure to look for that.

Best of luck.
    WallyH
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Some keys on keyboard [ 1 Answers ]

After cleaning desktop hp keyboard the two keys after 0 and the two keys after l no longer work. What can I do?

Locked keys on keyboard [ 1 Answers ]

How to unlock arrow keys?

Keyboard keys not working? [ 1 Answers ]

Downloadedinternetexplorer8.0,andthespacebarkeywillnotwork

Non-letter keys on keyboard [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I had my PC reformatted after a virus attack; now it seems that, apart of letters, most keys on keyboard are mixed up, say I type " and get @, and the other way round. Kindly help. Someone told me "Go to Control panel... Regional and Lanuage settings and set it to the country you are...

Keyboard function keys [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I am using SONY VAIO latptop of PCG-K315Z laptop. My keypad function keys are not working that means if want to decrease or increase brightness or volume etc. when I hold function key and volume keys together they are not working. Can anybody suggest me what to do with that. Many...

View more questions Search