Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rogerbaby2001 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2005, 03:46 AM
    Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one!
    undefined
    I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and instead locked up my c drive and when I rebooted later that day m y entire OS went with it.. locked could not figre out how to umlock it as the software for unlocking is of course locked up tight.. ouch! Takes a lot of guts to admit that one so I got a new 120 ig HD and reinstalled everything on it ( os ETC ) WORKS GREAT BUT SOMEHOW MY 120 GIG HARD DRIVE SAYS I HAVE ONLY 5-6 GIgs of space total? How it that possible? Could it be seeing the data from the unrecovered drive? Or? Did I set up a patition or something? Would love some one to tell me how to 1) unlock the old drive and 2) where the rest of my new drive went to? Thanks all help appreciatred a lot roger :( :( :confused: :confused:
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2005, 07:11 AM
    Locked Drive
    Hi,
    Don't feel too badly; I have done some of the same "insane" things with computers!
    Anything can be fixed.
    First, what is your windows operating system, such as XP, 98, etc?
    I am sorry to say, I really don't have an answer to this one. Folder Locker's website will not provide the password, unless you bought it! Bad news.
    Unless another Expert can provide a good answer, you might have to reinstall your operating system, doing an Fdisk and Format! I hope not.
    Hopefully, some one else will have a answer.
    fredg
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 31, 2005, 01:40 PM
    I suspect you are using an older version of Windows which might have a limit on partition size. Did you run FDISK on the drive? Did yhou enable LBA (Large Block Addressing)?

Unless you want to reformat and reinstall everything again, I would invest in a copy of Partition Magic. This will allow you to view your partition structure as well as see unused or unpartitioned space on your drive and to create or expand partitions.

I would recommend at least 3 partitions. A 20G partition for your C Drive and divvy up the rest between a D drive for Data and an E Drive for programs.
    rogerbaby2001 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2005, 02:08 PM
    THank You I am using XP Pro
    And when asked if I wanted to allow large bl;ock something oir another I think I said yes I will check for partitionms with the software you suiggested.. I can't get the folder locker peeps to write mne back at all christ I would buy the freeking thing just to get my stuff back out thanks
    adec234 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Try reformat your hdd and partition if you want it
    Gagoloth Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 11:07 AM

FORMAT that's it
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2008, 05:36 PM

Post over 3 years old

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard drive [ 4 Answers ]

I installed a second hard drive and would like to know how to access it. Thanks.

Hard drive from a MAC [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I was just wondering if it was possible to install and format a hard drive from an old apple mac into my windows PC (to save my buying another hard drive). Regards, Navarre

Hard drive [ 3 Answers ]

I have two hard drives on my computer,how do I get the second one configured to work

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Used hard drive [ 4 Answers ]

I put a used hard drive in my computer,and tried to install windows 98 it keeps saying that the drive is dirty and it needs cleaning,How do I do that?

View more questions Search