Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smaji08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2013, 11:54 AM
    Child traveling alone.
    Hi,

My questions are

1. Can a 11-year-old child(Indian citizen) travel alone from India to USA to stay with her aunt for 1-2 months vacation.

2. If yes, does the aunt need to sponsor her or can it be done by her parents in India?

Thanks
    Aug
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 01:43 PM
    Your going to need lots of things. First you need to call the airline and ask about their policy for a child flying alone at that age internationally. They may or may not allow it.

As far as the rest goes you may need to visit the U.S. consulate in your area to get the proper documentation. Here is a link with lots of information on it.

USA Visitor Visa Applicant Documents
    smaji08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2013, 03:43 PM
    Hi cdad,

Thanks much for your answer. Apart from airline's agreeing or disagreeing anything else matters like while undergoing immigration procedure in USA..

Thanks again.
    Aug.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smaji08 View Post
    Hi cdad,

Thanks much for your answer. Apart from airline's agreeing or disagreeing anything else matters like while undergoing immigration procedure in USA..?
    Is it a direct flight? In the U.S. minors are only able to travel alone (unaccompanied) on direct flights. How would that work on the child's return flight?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Traveling [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Im Michael Conti. Im currently enrolled in the University of Las Vegas, Nevada. Lately I have been distracted from my work in school. Im really beginning to Wonder what is out there? Im interested in experiencing new cultures, eating new food and Seeing new places and people. Im...

Traveling to the you.S.A [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm from Canada and I'm just wondering if there are any laws to traveling down into the states or if there is a certain age requirement.. im 17 and my girlfriend is 16 and we want to go down to Duluth,MN..

One way traveling [ 2 Answers ]

Seen I can not fight can I take a one way cruise to my destination

Traveling with *young* child [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I will be traveling with my son by air plane. He just turned 4 years old. I am kind of nervous that when the plane starts moving, or goes up, or if he looks out the window, he will be afraid. I thought about okay- close the window, but he can look through some one else's.. Also the ear...

View more questions Search