Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sutemi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2005, 03:23 AM
    About Spartacus (calls for speculation)
    How the history had changed if the pirates hadn't betrayed the Spartacus and his men?

(I'm referring to the pirates that were to take Spartacus and his 70.000 men into Sicily but since he was betrayed, his men were slaughtered and Spartacus presumably died in the hands roman legions in Italy)
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 31, 2005, 08:41 AM
    Spartacus
    Spartacus and his four year clash with Rome,often referred to as "The Gladitorial War",was the pre-curser four centuries later for the "Barbarian invasions" which would shatter the Western part of the Roman Empire.

The victorius general,M.Licinius Crassus,even destroyed momuments carved out of volcanic stone on the slope of Mount Vesuvius by the revolutionary slaves of Spartacus's army.

Crassus even 'took' Spartacus's wife for his slave,and falls in love with her.She later betrays him!

If Spartacus had succeeded in defeating a rotten,decaying,corrupted Rome,would history have been different.Obviously,but power corrupts and Sparticus himself may have been ousted in a power struggle.The empire may even have not lasted as long as it did.

The Eastern empire,known as the Byzantine empire,may itself have been affected by the 'success' of Spartacus and not lasted till 1453 when it was overrun by the Turks.

Perhaps in the long run,Spartacus was'nt meant to win.Who knows.

All the best,
    Nez.
    Sutemi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2005, 03:55 AM
    Thanks for the opinion.

Anyone else?
    jim dandy Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2006, 07:12 PM
    Jen I'm not sure if all toilets have this or not but mansfield toilets do I have seen plumbers ? That see a pile of caulk in the top of the bowl where the tank connects to the bowl and they peel it up which opens a hole that was formed from the casting of the toilet and if removed 1. the house will not hold a final test and it will allow the sewer gas to bypass the trap which holds the sewer gas back and allows it to enter the bowl through the same holes the water flows through when you flush the toilet to check this as a possible problem you will need to remove the tank and then just look straight down in the toilet and if you see a hole that will be your problem if not sorry to have wasted your time just trying to help
    jim dandy Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2006, 07:46 PM
    Jen I'm not sure if all toilets have this or not but mansfield toilets do I have seen plumbers ? That see a pile of caulk in the top of the bowl where the tank connects to the bowl and they peel it up which opens a hole that was formed from the casting of the toilet and if removed 1. the house will not hold a final test and it will allow the sewer gas to bypass the trap which holds the sewer gas back and allows it to enter the bowl through the same holes the water flows through when you flush the toilet to check this as a possible problem you will need to remove the tank and then just look straight down in the toilet and if you see a hole that will be your problem if not sorry to have wasted your time just trying to help
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Mar 22, 2006, 08:44 PM
    Certainly History would have been different.
    The question is how different?

Remember that Spartacus never posed real military threat to Rome itself in
    The way that Hannibal did. Spartacus was more of a plunderer than a
    Conqueror a force on the loose that needed to be brought under control.

Hannibal on the other hand did pose a serious threat to Roman rule since
    His motives were conquest. Yet Even Hannibal couldn't overthrow Rome
    Despite being better organized and having allies in Italy itself as well as
    Greece and Carthage on his side.

Spartacus' attempt to flee speaks volumes as to his aspirations.
    His motive was not to overthrow Rome, It was to gain freedom.

Ironically, after having an excellent opportunity to gain freedom, he stupidly
    Didn't take it by fleeing into Gaul or Perhaps Hispania.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I answer his calls [ 10 Answers ]

My ex and I have been broken up for a few months now and I am not over him. He continues to call me to talk and find out how I am, and to tell me what's up with him. He has even told me he is seeing someone, so I don't understand why he even bothers calling. It hurts so much to talk to him....

Late night phone calls [ 24 Answers ]

I have always been somewhat of a night owl, and especially so now that I have a young baby to care for. Most nights I am up until 2 am and sometimes later. However, I don't like getting phone calls after a certain time, say, 10 pm or so. Tonight a friend of mine called after 11, just to talk about...

Harassing or annoying calls [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any law against companies, private or public, continuing to make annoying phone calls to your private residence even after you have left messages on their answering machine to stop? Also is there any law dealing with how late in the evening they can call? I have the same company calling...

International and domestic cheap calls? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi everybody! I'm a student from Europe here at the university of San Diego in CA. I have a big problem with my phone bills. I have to make calls back in the UK and Ireland where some of my friends and my parents live. Also I make calls here in the US. Used AT&T and Qwest but there are pretty...

How are cell phone calls transmitted [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, When I make a cellphone call from say Louisiana to California, how is the call transmitted: I am interested in knowing the exact details. How many base stations may be involved and when? When are wireless and wired mediums used? Is the method of transmission similar to that of a landline...

View more questions Search