Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2013, 01:17 PM
    And now Lurch is poisoning the earth as he tries to save the world.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2013, 01:20 PM
    British Scientists have said there has been no climate change in worldwide temperature for the past 16 years!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2013, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg View Post
    British Scientists have said there has been no climate change in worldwide temperature for the past 16 years!
    Exactly and whatever changes have been observed have been used for political purposes. We are continually presented with data from observations taken near an active volcano as evidence that temperatures are higher. There are places where temperatures are higher and these are in the polar regions and even this is inconsistent
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2013, 11:45 AM
    This was the summer that was supposed to be clear sailing across the ice-free arctic circle. Instead, the northwest passage has been frozen all summer long and instead of shrinking, the arctic ice sheet has expanded by 920,000 square miles since last August.

A chilly Arctic summer has left nearly a million more square miles of ocean covered with ice than at the same time last year – an increase of 60 per cent.

The rebound from 2012’s record low comes six years after the BBC reported that global warming would leave the Arctic ice-free in summer by 2013.

Instead, days before the annual autumn re-freeze is due to begin, an unbroken ice sheet more than half the size of Europe already stretches from the Canadian islands to Russia’s northern shores.

He Northwest Passage from the Atlantic to the Pacific has remained blocked by pack-ice all year. More than 20 yachts that had planned to sail it have been left ice-bound and a cruise ship attempting the route was forced to turn back.

Some eminent scientists now believe the world is heading for a period of cooling that will not end until the middle of this century – a process that would expose computer forecasts of imminent catastrophic warming as dangerously misleading.

The disclosure comes 11 months after The Mail on Sunday triggered intense political and scientific debate by revealing that global warming has ‘paused’ since the beginning of 1997 – an event that the computer models used by climate experts failed to predict.

In March, this newspaper further revealed that temperatures are about to drop below the level that the models forecast with ‘90 per cent certainty’.

The pause – which has now been accepted as real by every major climate research centre – is important, because the models’ predictions of ever-increasing global temperatures have made many of the world’s economies divert billions of pounds into ‘green’ measures to counter climate change.

Those predictions now appear gravely flawed.

Darn it, this globe just won't cooperate.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 01:37 PM
    Winter is coming... AGAIN this winter I plead that anybody that wants to complain about global warming... SEND ALL global warming to Pittsburgh PA.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 01:59 PM
    No one bothers to build backyard rinks anymore because we now always get above zero temps in the middle of winter... in Canada.
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 02:00 PM
    I wonder how the eskimo's are handling it over in Alaska?
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 02:01 PM
    I no longer bother going swimming in the summer since its usually colder than when I was growing up.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 03:09 PM
    I wonder how the eskimo's are handling it over in Alaska?
    Global Warming Changing Inuit Lands, Lives, Arctic Expedition Shows
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2013, 03:40 PM
    I keep telling you global warming isn't happening, what is happening is climate change and in some places it is changing for the better and in some places not. If we had a small " ice age" this would slow down the release of methane in the artic a good thing apparently. It might shatter the dream of open waterways in northern climes but I can tell you from where I sit open water is over rated and the polar bears think so too.

This latest change may be down to volcanic activity and in any case on the evidence "normal" is lots of ice
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2013, 06:11 AM
    That was six years ago, how is that helpful?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2013, 06:28 AM
    Hello again,

All I know is global warming MUST be TRUE because it's UNUSUALLY HOT here today...

I say that, because for SURE, this winter some winger will say it CAN'T be true, because it's snowing outside.

Bwa, ha ha ha ha.

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2013, 06:34 AM
    Hey Ex it unseasonably hot here too but we always have a hot week in September, so natural variation this year is hotter than others. I can't get excited about global warming but I know a century ago they had photos of snow on the ground here. I can sign on to climate change because climate is continually changing. I don't think it is a bad thing and we have to live with what we have now
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2013, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

All I know is global warming MUST be TRUE because it's UNUSUALLY HOT here today...

I say that, because for SURE, this winter some winger will say it CAN'T be true, because it's snowing outside.

Bwa, ha ha ha ha.

Excon
    And after 2 years of heat and drought we've had a fairly mild, fairly rainy summer. Anyway, I thought you guys loved science. Six years ago they predicted by 2013 that summers in the arctic would be ice-free. It's 2013 and it's been iced up all summer, expanding by 60 percent since last year - and a 15 year cooling trend is now expected.

She pointed to long-term cycles in ocean temperature, which have a huge influence on climate and suggest the world may be approaching a period similar to that from 1965 to 1975, when there was a clear cooling trend. This led some scientists at the time to forecast an imminent ice age.

Professor Anastasios Tsonis, of the University of Wisconsin, was one of the first to investigate the ocean cycles. He said: ‘We are already in a cooling trend, which I think will continue for the next 15 years at least. There is no doubt the warming of the 1980s and 1990s has stopped.

Read more: Global cooling: Arctic ice caps grows by 60% against global warming predictions | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2013, 06:49 AM
    And in other climate change news...

If Congress authorizes military strikes against Syria, is global warming to blame?

According to Francesco Femia, co-founder of the Center for Climate and Security, the Syrian conflict that has caught the attention of the world was preceded by the “worst long-term drought and most severe set of crop failures since agricultural civilizations began in the Fertile Crescent.”

The severe drought, combined with massive crop failures and poor agricultural policy on the part of the Assad regime, forced mass migrations from the countryside to cities that were already hard-pressed by refugees from Iraq, Femia argues. Military analysts overlooked these factors and argued that Syria would be immune to the civil unrest that had previously swept through authoritarian Middle Eastern regimes.

“But under the surface of what seemed to be a stable country, there was a large-scale environmental and human disaster happening,” Femia told “Moyers & Company.”

“Climate change primarily manifests itself through water,” Femia added. “But it varies; different kinds of water, different ways. It can lead to more extreme weather events: either a drought or a major storm or an amount of rainfall that’s unusual and leads to flooding. It’s not just scarcity, it’s too much, too little and unpredictably.”

“Climate change is going to have security implications across the globe and conflict is just one area of concern,” Femia said.

Read more: Did global warming cause the Syrian civil war? | The Daily Caller
    That's right, we may end up launching an "unbelievably small" attack on Syria all because of climate change.
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Sep 11, 2013, 04:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post

That's right, we may end up launching an "unbelievably small" attack on Syria all because of climate change.

You forgot the sarcasm/humour font. Some people might think you are being serious with this comment.
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2013, 04:42 AM
    True, but oh well.
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2013, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuttyd View Post
    You forgot the sarcasm/humour font. Some people might think you are being serious with this comment.
    How can you be serious about such a humourous subject, it's a laugh a minute
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2013, 04:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    how can you be serious about such a humourous subject, it's a laugh a minute
    I visualize someone tossing a water balloon out a window on a flyover.
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2013, 12:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I visualize someone tossing a water balloon out a window on a flyover.

Now there is an idea

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there really global warming? [ 10 Answers ]

Or is it just a natural process of the earth to heal itself

I think I believe in global warming now [ 5 Answers ]

My backyard in NJ on October 15, 2009. Notice how the trees haven't finished changing yet?

Global warming [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, does anyone know a good website to find info on global warming that isn't man-made?? Thank you..

Global Warming? [ 2 Answers ]

Only in Arkansas... how this got past the editor, I can only venture to guess... 4519

Global warming [ 14 Answers ]

Why arnt we putting all of our power into this situation I mean countries are going to be under waterrr... and mostly in europe I am really worried and our tempratures are hanging in many parts of earth and we are having a lot of hurricanes and such... so we arnt we putting all our mind into this.....

View more questions Search