Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rich j Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2013, 10:19 AM
    Bell rotary telephone
    I get dial tone only. Internal wiring a mess.Can you help with the wiring diagram.Thank you.rich j
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2013, 07:08 AM
    Did the wiring all come disconnected? if not Just replace 1 by 1.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 10, 2013, 09:56 AM
    If you get dial tone and next thing to check is whether you get the "click-click-click" sound in the ear piece when you dial a number. This is actually the sound of the rotary mechanism making and breaking connection as the dial unwinds - it's the same effect as if you flash the switch hook quickly in succession. For example dialing a 5 on a rotary phone is equivalent to flashing the switch hook 5 times quickly. So - do you get the click sound when you dial a number?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is jack bell of Shelburne County, n.s. a relatives of alexander graham bell [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if Jack & Eunice Bell of Shelburne County, Nova Scotia are relatives of Alexander Graham Bell?

Rotary telephone won't dial out. [ 3 Answers ]

I have acquired a 70's French Socotel S63 rotary telephone. I have managed to re-wire it so it plugs into my phone socket. It takes incoming calls fine, rings well and has a nice dial tone when I pick up the receiver. However, when I go to dial a number I just get a static sort of noise. It does...

How to find out a telephone number (from where the telephone is) [ 8 Answers ]

I used to know a number to dial that would confirm what the phone number is at the land line phone that I am calling from. Does anyone know if this is still available in the U.S. Thanks!

Door Bell [ 6 Answers ]

Can someone help me with wiring a doorbell. One button, with one bell upstair and one bell downstair. Thank you

Jeanne Bell, sister of Alexander Graham Bell [ 9 Answers ]

I am trying to find out information on Jeanne Bell, i.e. parents, date of birth, marriage, etc.

View more questions Search