Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jun 2, 2013, 05:20 AM
    Does communism changed its face? Is it more active and do we fail to identify it?
    People often talk that communism is not on the picture. Since the biggest communist China has gone liberal economy. But watching recent happenings around the globe, it seems communism changed it's forms.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 2, 2013, 05:23 AM
    Do you know what communism is or how its defined?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 2, 2013, 05:51 AM
    Mainly what has happened is in the changing face of the world and technology the role has also had to change. They figured out its much easier do collapse a country from the inside then it is to try for physical take over with sheer power. So the ecinomic face has changed and as far as the spy business it is much more direct then it used to be. They don't have to make ties to people only look for holes in defense of protected projects and steal what they want or attempt to control it.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jun 2, 2013, 06:56 AM
    Yes, the face is liberal and using corruption as a tool.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2013, 06:19 AM
    The question is whether communism has changed its face. By definition (I find it hard to explain and this is easy to understand): Communism is an "Economic and social system in which all (or nearly all) property and resources are collectively owned by a classless society and not by individualcitizens. ... It envisaged common ownership of all land and capital and withering away of the coercive power of the state. In such a society, social relations were to be regulated on the fairest of all principles: from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs. Differences between manual and intellectual labor and between rural and urban life were to disappear, openingup the way for unlimited development of human potential. In view of the above, there has never been a truly communist state although the Soviet Union of the past and China, Cuba, and North Korea of today stake their claims."

I don't see that the "face" has changed.

What am I missing?

Perhaps there is no truly Communistic country - and there never was.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 3, 2013, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Perhaps there is no truly Communistic country - and there never was.
    This is why I asked the OP to define communism. I agree there has been no successful communist state. So its not like it has changed it just never existed.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2013, 06:29 AM
    I know - I bounced off you!

I also am not sure that some of these discussions aren't homework essay questions.

Seems like an odd new topic.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2013, 06:41 AM
    I also am not sure that some of these discussions aren't homework essay questions.
    No, they are a lead in to the right wing types to bash any other form of thinking. Witness post #4.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 08:00 AM
    I live in the middle of China and for what it is worth, there is private ownership of land, while banks are controlled by the Federal Government, there are private investment groups, loan companies and more that are private. Individual ownership of business is thriving.

The economy with a push of the government is becoming more materialistic, and they are trying to become more consumer focused.

Governments change, but normally the change is slow.

Middle school children in China can tell me the US declaration if Independence, My students quote Thomas Jefferson, George Washington almost every class. Steve Jobs is almost a idol to many of my students and I am asked about his business model all the time.

There are still many many problems, but if you ask, is china changing, yes, but so is almost all nations.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2013, 08:08 AM
    If only China wasn't the #1 in cyber-espionnage and counterfeiting then I could give them some kudos but...
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2013, 04:34 PM
    Free enterprise Karma, tell me these things don't happen in the west

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Communism vs Islam THE WAY OF LIFE I.e. Social system of justice [ 11 Answers ]

Dear Brother , Salaam Alykum Waa Rehmatullah ! As subject well depicts my question which I would like to raise here. One of my friend has serious influence of communism / marxism, linen... though he is born muslim but not practicing really BUT also do not deny creator means is not totally...

Who is really the father of communism? [ 13 Answers ]

I've searched on Google and most of them say Karl Heinrich Marx was the father of Communism. He wrote a book on what Communism is and how it's done. But I've also seen considerable websites that says Lenin was the father of communism. Who was really?

Where ccan I find quote @ Capitalism & Communism [ 1 Answers ]

Some Communist author stated that the USA would not need to be invaded to bring about Communisn.. . "that we will fall from within like over-ripe grapes"

Communism is creeping into Latin America [ 14 Answers ]

While the world media is watching the mid-east, communism is creeping into Latin America, thanks to Cuba and Chavez. This coming Sunday’s vote may even bring it to a “surge” in that direction. "He who says he supports Chavez but votes 'no' is a traitor, a true traitor," so says Chavez. That sounds...

Head and face changed shape [ 5 Answers ]

Ive lost over 40 pounds and currently weighing 136 lbs but I don't see how that could affect my head and face. For the past year Ive wore a cap (which was very tight), I think that could be a reason why my head and face has changed shape. It has changed in the sense that my head and face...

View more questions Search