Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajmcsherry2002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Millikin Door Kit needed in order to install storm door
    Hi.
    I have a Milliken (may be mis-spelled) exterior door with two side light panels on both sides. I have purchased a Larson Storm Door for the front door. There is not enough depth between the two doors when measuring them - therefore I need to build the front door frame out. I need to know where I can order a kit that provides the wood to do this. Any suggestions? Please help - the weather is getting nice and I want to leave my front door open!

Thanks for your assistance.
    J.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 23, 2007, 01:00 PM
    I think you would be fine to just buy an extension jamb. Ask at the lumber desk of a good home store. 1 X 3 trim may also suffice with a small amount of trimming and fitting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Door Knob in center of front door [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a resource for replacement parts for my specialty front door. The knob is located in the center of the door with a bird theme metal plate surrounding the knob - door is 35 7/8 wide - I would like to replace the knob - the hardware still works fine, I just need a compatible knob....

MayTag freezer door opens when refrigerator door is closed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here. I have a 9 year old Maytag refrigerator with a freezer on top. Recently whenever I close the refrigerator I notice that the freezer door pops open. I looked at the seals around it but can't see anything wrong. I did notice that I can simply tap on the door and it will...

Re-route vent below window to install sliding glass door [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install a sliding glass door off the back of my house. It would be best to put it where I currently have a window. Only one problem, there is a vent centered directly below the window. Correct me if I am wrong, I have two options 1.) Move the vent off to the side of the sliding...

New Install:HW CT3500/new HP w/o heat kit [ 2 Answers ]

On my second try, following advice of AC guy and conforming to Honeywell diagram for "4-wire sgl stg HP (jumper intact), I have wired the HP to thermostat as follows: R=R+Rc; O=O; Y=Y+W; G=G; FUEL SWITCH set to E. Nothing works. On my first try I had R=R+Rc; G=G; Y=Y; C (Blue terminal) which should...

View more questions Search