Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Billydav Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2013, 07:55 PM
    How do I connect a WRT310N router and a USB760 modem to access the internet?
    How do I connect a WRT310N router and a USB760 modem to access the internet?
    EyeNoNothing Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Jun 2, 2013, 05:53 AM
    WRT310N Support | Wireless-N Gigabit Router

Some information on setup here.

Physically, you'll use an ethernet cable to connect the WAN port to the ethernet port on the cable modem.

After that, setup depends on whether you have a static or dynmic IP address from your internet service provider.

You'll need to define a few things for wifi and wired connections.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 2, 2013, 06:22 AM
    You can't. The USB760 is a Broadband cellular modem that uses the 3G cellular network to connect to the net. You need a wireless router that accepts a broadband cellular modem to connect to the net.

Jun 2, 2013, 05:37 PM
    Thank you EyeNoNothing and ScottGem for your responses. ScottGem, you hit the nail on the head. I apologize for not giving more details, this is my 1st post and I wasn't sure how much information would become too much.

I have used Verizon USB modems since they offered their first one. I have also used a wifi home network during that time to connect PC, laptop and printers, and could never get an answer to the question as to whether there is a way to access the internet on my laptop, via the wifi network, through my PC, using the modem. Even Verizon support insisted, sadly, that there was no way. I have tried MS network sharing tools to no avail. I have used a variety of routers, including some with usb ports, with no success and no mention in the manuals provided. Although frustrating, this never presented a real problem for me because I could share files, printers and other things through the network, as well as move the modem between the PC and laptop when I wanted to access the internet.

Now my Bride of over 50 years wants finally to join the computer age, to be able to access her e-mail on a tablet. The best way for both of us is if she can do it via my PC and usb modem sharing. I am grandfathered in with unlimited internet access and would have to give it up if we set her up with a separate 4G service with Verizon and that would seriously curtail my internet use, or my wallet.

I was unaware that there might be a wireless router that accepts a broadband cellular modem to connect to the net. That could be just the solution I was hoping for. Can you give me guidance or suggestions on specific modem brands or models of this type, or more info on how they operate so that I can research the subject myself? Any such assistance would be most appreciated.

Sincerely, Billydav
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 2, 2013, 07:07 PM
    Here are a few examples:

.3G/4G Consumer Routers :: 3Gstore.com

Jun 2, 2013, 11:29 PM
    Thank you again for your assistance. You have been most helpful, as well as very prompt.

Billydav
    EyeNoNothing Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Jun 3, 2013, 06:13 AM
    Thanks Scott, I should have looked at that modem model before pulling the trigger!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I connect Linksys router to Internet Modem? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dell studio laptop and it is connected to the internet through a Roadrunner internet modem. I was given a Linksys wireless router so I could carry my laptop with me throughout my house. Im having trouble hooking it up. Ive done some research and some say one of the ethernet cords is still...

Connect DSL modem to a lynkys Wireless router [ 1 Answers ]

I have an internet connection through a verizon DSL modem and I would like to connect the DSL modem to a lynkys wireless router for my home network.Please could you help me to do the connection Thanks

Connect dsl/router to cable modem [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I used to have internet connection through QWEST. Now I have Internet connection through Mediacom, which is cable internet. I use a modem called RCA DCM425 as of now. I am aware that this modem is not Wi-Fi, and 2WIRE is. After investigating a lot on the Internet I found out that it is possible...

View more questions Search