Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oldcoach Posts: 103, Reputation: 3

Jan 30, 2005, 05:01 PM
    Bass fishing
    What is the best method to fish for bass?
    tracker52 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2005, 07:14 AM
    Kiss my bass
    Large mouth bass, Sand bass, Small mouth bass? I live on Lake Travis in central Texas and the fish are really turning on. All the fish are getting ready 2 spawn and they are hungry. The best advice is to go to your bait shop near the place your are going to fish and ask what and where the fish are biting. Most good fisherman don't tell the hole truth all the time. But most will give good hints. Here the black or large mouth bass are in pre-spawn looking for food, but the water is still kind of cool, so I am fishing in water where the bait fish are, in warmer water. They will be going in to the creeks when the temp is right to spawn where you can catch them in their beds. This time of year I put all the blacks back so they can make more. The sand bass or whites are all ready going up stream, spoons, jigs, SHAD RAP by Rapala works Great. Myself, Crappie is the best. This last week we got over 200 slabers on minnows and jigs. Also the flat head catfish are starting to go. Big uns.
    Fished in SC near Greenville on some small ponds a couple years ago and got me a 10lb black on a rapala pearch shad rap #5. Also fished Lake Hartwell for stiper hybrids. Got 38 big uns in 3 hrs.
    My best advice is to try, and try again. If they are not biting on a bait, try a different color, size, style, and depth of your bait.
    A real good way to learn is to hire a guide. It might cost a couple bucks but they will turn you on to the fish so you will come back and tell your friends.
    Just get a good guide and pay attention. Worth it.
    tracker52
    orangeknight Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 05:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcoach
    What is the best method to fish for bass?
    I like to use Rapala brand lures- pick the one that's meant for where the fish are- surface for early spring, dive deeper as the weather gets warmer. Spinnerbaits work well, too- try to put them near a drop off, and retrieve while letting the bait drop from time to time- many times they will hit when its sinking. The best advice I ever got goes along with Tracker 52's answer- you have the best chance of catching a fish if your bait is wet. Many times new anglers will keep changing baits, and most of the time they are out, their bait is not even in the water. Be patient- whatever lure you choose, use it for at least 15-30 minutes before switching.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Sep 4, 2007, 07:28 PM
    For me the better boat I get the worse I do. I did better when I just used worms... and had a jon boat

On a serious note, to catch a bass you have to think like one, look at temps in the water and out, watch the weather, look for beds and I try and fish the points, if you fish enough you'll learn there patterns
    Also switch up the bait if one isn't working
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Stay on the water as much as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

E flat bass music [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what key E-flat bass (or E-flat tuba) music is written in? Is it in E-flat or concert pitch?

Fishing spots, va [ 2 Answers ]

I live near central va, anyone do any fishing around here? Just moved up from lake norman area in nc. Looking for ponds, lakes, whatever.

`N Sync's Lance Bass reveals he is gay [ 27 Answers ]

Lance Bass, band member of 'N Sync, says he's gay and in a ``very stable'' relationship with a reality show star. Bass, who formed 'N Sync with Justin Timberlake, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick, tells People magazine that he didn't earlier disclose his sexuality because he didn't...

View more questions Search