Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    delanogarrett Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2013, 07:19 AM
    Heat pump cools until late evening, I turn it off then it works fine
    Heat pump cools house to 72 degree all day until 7 oclock in the evening. I will turn system off for a couple minutes then back on.it works good for several hours then the same thing happens
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 1, 2013, 09:27 AM
    Have you inspected it when this happens? Is it frosting over blocking the vents? Have you had it serviced lately?
    delanogarrett Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2013, 10:26 AM
    The heat pump does this in heating and cooling and once I turn it off for a half hour then back on it works fine for 8-10 hours. Could it be a compressor internal overload kicking in and out?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 1, 2013, 11:23 AM
    That is possible and also if it is low on freon you can get some of the same symptoms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat Pump cools, then goes to heat/defrost cycle improperly [ 0 Answers ]

I have an old GE heat pump (over 20 years old) that is I think about a 2 ton or 2.5 ton. The problem is that the A/C aspect is not working right now. I came home the other day to a very hot house. Seems the A/C was putting out heat. So... I shut it off. Then tried it again later. It comes on...

I have a new Rheem heat pump. The cooling works fine but won't blow hot air in HEAT [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new Rheem heat pump. The cooling works fine but won't blow hot air in HEAT setting. I have reset the breakers for heat pump and air handler, changed filters and pulled batteries and reset the Braeburn 3000 thermostat. Still blows cold... Any other suggestions?

Pump won't turn on just buzzes till I take it out and poof works fine [ 0 Answers ]

After many floods and hard ache my bur cam ejection systems pump won't pump some times it won't turn on and when it does it pumps once then buzzes had it apart cleaned the grinding blade still nothing. Seems to work when it wants to tested the switch movements fine

Air works fine but heat won't come on at all [ 1 Answers ]

My air condiction works fine bu when I put it on heat it won't come on at all no fan no noise or anything only thig I hear is a clicking on the circuit board that's it I have a lennox furnace Thanks in advance

Carrier heat pump works fine so far, won't go into defrost mode [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrie heat pump that is working fine so far. It still provide heat for my home. It just dose not go in to defrost mode to defrost the out side unit. I have read to put the unit in auxialry mode to get a few extra defrost cycles in, but when I read the flash codes it never say anything...

View more questions Search