Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmontgomery Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2013, 05:33 AM
    Insect that bores holes in wood
    This insect is the size of a large bumblebee, but longer, and was dark in colour. It was drilling 2 holes in a cedar beam yesterday AM, and I gave it a shot of OFF to dissuade it from continuing. I got home to find 2 holes, gave the holes a shot of wasp killer and the insect fell out. Of course, spray coated it looks dark brown/ black. The diameter of the holes is about a centimetre. The insect is about 2 cm long. I have never seen anything like it when it was drilling. The sawdust was falling in a little heap.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 1, 2013, 08:10 AM
    Carpenter bee. They can make nice neat holes in wood at quite a clip.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insect holes in wood [ 1 Answers ]

I have twenty holes in the side of an amoir which is in the front entry way of my home. A new one evolved yesterday. We are freaked out because it looks like some body got a hold of a drill and drilled the holes. I have no idea what this could have been. Someone said carpenter bees but the...

Do wood boring beetles leave round damaged holes in your attic wood beams? [ 1 Answers ]

I have infestations of various insects in my all wood frame house. I'm trying to figure the different types of damaged wood. I'm familiar with the drywood and subterranean termite wood damage but not the actual wood damage of beetles. Do you have any home remedies for any of the above?

Do wood boring beetles leave round damaged holes in your attic wood beams? [ 0 Answers ]

I have infestations of various insects in my all wood frame house. I'm trying to figure the different types of damaged wood. I'm familiar with the drywood and subterranean termite wood damage but not the actual wood damage of beetles. Do you have any home remedies for any of the above?

Wood pin holes [ 4 Answers ]

What are the pin holes in my barnboard caused by? There are piles of fine wood dust on the floor.

What insect makes the sound of wood in motion? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'd like to know what kind of insect makes the sound of wood in motion. I've researched it constantly but found no answer. Thank you.:)

View more questions Search