Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Locrian_44 Posts: 44, Reputation: 14

Jun 11, 2013, 10:09 PM
    This is not an insect.
    Attached Images

Jun 11, 2013, 10:14 PM
    There are probably fungus gnats. Do you have house plants?
    Attached Images

Jun 11, 2013, 10:16 PM
    I see a leafhopper, a fungus gnat and moths
    Attached Images

Jun 11, 2013, 10:21 PM
    There is no way anyone can claim these to be insect parts based on these pictures.
    Attached Images

DeepMysteries Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2013, 08:36 PM
    I am interested in hearing that you think the diptera looking insects are fungus gnats.

No house plants but possibly mold.

The things you say are not insects -- they are stinging me -- and not like I am stepping on splinters-- the ones in my finger emerged from my finger after feeling a sting and rubbing alcohol over the sting area, the ones in my sock occurred when I was reading in bed and suddenly had a sharp sting. Looking at my sock I saw tiny black dot and slightly larger one-- this is what I saw through the microscope.
    Do molds attack people?

Jun 17, 2013, 08:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepMysteries View Post
    I am interested in hearing that you think the diptera are fungus gnats.

No house plants but possibly mold.
    Good job Locrian--I think you have hit on the fungus gnats id. I have asked many and no one has gotten it.

Now, if there is an ecosystem built up around mold that may have very well invaded my house and body, what else could be attacking me to eat the mold? There seems to be some kind of community between these moths, leaf hoppers and the fungus gnats. But, none of these sting, right? Also something has now infested my cat-- not fleas. So the million dollar question is: what is smaller than a moth, leaf hopper and fungus gnat that may be carried by them and that may be able to penetrate the skin delivering a sting like a small projectile?

Jun 17, 2013, 09:09 PM
    This one is still unidentified-- sorry not a good picture.
    Attached Images

Jun 17, 2013, 10:34 PM
    Yeah, not a good picture.

Jun 17, 2013, 11:20 PM
    Locrian. Stay tuned. I found a research paper that answers most of my questions and puts a large section of the puzzle together. I will copy the link to it in the morning. Thanks for identifying one of the key pieces--the first insect of interest.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 18, 2013, 05:40 AM
    Where do you live Deep? Could the cat have mange or mites? If you have mould, could this be a reaction from the mould? Cats first explained that "invisible bugs" can be environmental i.e. mould...

Jun 18, 2013, 10:44 AM
    Check this out-- it names the fungus gnat as a diptera that can become the myiasis vector! Just what I was looking for.

Close associations: Micro-Myiasis & Morgellons Disease
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 18, 2013, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepMysteries View Post
    Check this out-- it names the fungus gnat as a diptera that can become the myiasis vector! Just what I was looking for.

Close associations: Micro-Myiasis & Morgellons Disease
    Fly-strike from fungus gnats? Sure, why not? Do you think they were released by the Grays or the Greens 150 million years ago?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 18, 2013, 04:13 PM
    Meanwhile, this thread has morphed into a discussion rather than a question/answer.

Jun 18, 2013, 08:22 PM
    Obviously the grays.

Jun 18, 2013, 08:23 PM
    Obviously the Grays.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2013, 09:29 PM
    Obviously Twilight Zone trolling
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 18, 2013, 09:34 PM
    I vote for the Morgellons.
    chollyjohn Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2015, 01:09 AM
    Biology of various species of diptera, arthropoda, etc. can be identified by rthe inrterior structure usually found in a macrophage, cytoplasm and glycoprotien encasement. Tsetse, Chagas via Rhodius Proxilus, and several Diptera species at a phase of embryogenesis will present a "key" type shape unique to the species. Not a fool proof system ibn the event of polygenesis or other indeced mutations due to medicine and health dieseases such as HIV, diabetes or in the case of coinfection with ticks or fleas (Babesia/Rickettsia) The structure you see here is possible a polygenesis larva.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Invisible flying, biting, and itching bugs into everything in my home. What is this? [ 4 Answers ]

I have the same problem. Even more frustrating is catsmine monitoring your thread when they obviously don't believe you. I recommend that catsmine go to Woodland Hills CA to Larkwood st. and sit down on the curb for two minutes. Then, they will have this problem too and can spend as much time...

Tiny almost invisible flying bug biting me non-stop [ 30 Answers ]

I bought a house last June and ever since I've been attacked by a tiny flying bug that I can only see in water and then it just looks like dust or dandruff. At first I thought they were the "no see ums" because they feel just like them. The bite is awful and painful but I don't have any bumps...

Invisible flying, biting, and itching bugs into everything in my home. What is this? [ 42 Answers ]

I need your help in reference to an invisible flying parasite of some kind in my home that is literally killing me by the minute. This invisible parasite is biting and itching me everywhere on the body but it doesn't leave any rashes, bumps, sores, or anything on the skin. However, they do attack...

How to erdicate invisible biting flying insects [ 2 Answers ]

I Don't know the answer?

View more questions Search