Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nekelty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2013, 03:10 PM
    1998 cal spa hot tub won't heat up
    I have a 1998 cal spa hot tub that won't heat up past 70 degrees. I took some advice on this site and have cleaned the filter and surrounding area and have checked for the heating element and for a switch- and found nothing (and I am not that savvy). To complicate matters, when I switched off the electrical box (recently installed) the clean the filter (GFI box, upgraded from old box), no electricity came back on. I checked- I have not blown a fuse or anything... Any advise? Any would be appreciated! I have had this Cal Spa for three weeks and STILL haven't been able to use it thanks to multiple issues like this one. Thank you!

Check out some similar questions!

Cal spa heat exchange troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Worked fine, no problems. Now all of a sudden not heating water at all. Is there a fuse or circuit breaker involved

Cal Spa won't stay heated - first stage won't come on [ 0 Answers ]

We have a 2006 Cal Spa, not sure which model. The heating cycle won't come on anymore. We can only get it to heat when the jets are on. We had the pump rebuilt & that didn't fix it. We just replaced the control panel & the circuit system and still nothing. No Cal Spa servicing dealers in our area...

2004 Cal Spa 5000 turning itself off during heat up [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a 2004 Cal Spa 5000 used. We had it wired by an electrician, filled it up, released air from valves, and then turned it on. It made a humming noise and the jets turned on when we pressed the jets button. The temperature said 69 degrees. After less than a minute, the jets turned off...

Is there a way to test the heating element on a cal spa model PS-5-B hot tub [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to test the heating element on a 1995 Cal Spa model# PS-5-B? I talked to someone at Spa Parts Warehouse (recommended by tech support at Cal Spas as that they don't support the older models) he said it is a 4.5 KW flow through heater element. I'm not sure if I need just the...

Cal-spa hot tub not heating [ 1 Answers ]

I also have a 1999 Cal Spa, and I had drained for the winter, and refilled recently. Everything was working when I drained it. I refilled the tub this spring, and pumps, etc work, but it does not demand heat even when the tub is at 77 degrees. I replaced the heater (not the first time I had to do...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.