Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonipets Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2013, 07:44 AM
    Why does blonde hair dye turn my hair red
    Why does my hair turn strawberry blond every time I try to go blond. I have mostly grey and some brown. How can I get the red out. Would light ash work? I don't like ash hair, but could that be a solution?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 31, 2013, 08:24 AM
    If you add ash you will get purple. Red hair colouring is the easiest to fade, so just let it fade if you don't want to damage your hair any further. What shade of blonde are you using ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red hair dye on bleached blonde hair [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this but am desperate for any advice. Right, here goes! I have long hair which was dark brown base (almost like my natural colour) with bleached blonde panels going through it. It looked fab and it was even in good condition. Then lo and behold on the 8th September just gone I...

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

If my hair is light red, and if I dye it blonde will it turn orange [ 0 Answers ]

I dyed my hair auburn a long time ago, and now it is fading, but I want to dye it blonde, and I'm afraid it will turn orange if I do dye it blonde... I don't want to look like a oompa loompa!

View more questions Search