Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nickynik Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Refi a chap 13
    Does anyone know of any bank that will refi a chapter 13?

Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 23, 2007, 12:22 PM
    A chapter 13 is a payment plan under bankruptcy laws, not a loan and you don't finance a chapter 13.

Now if you mean a bank that will refinance something ( like a car or a house) while you are in a chapter 13 bankruptcy wage plan that is different.

First of all you can't borrow any money or re-fiance without approval first from the bankrutpcy trustee.

And of course at this point no, there really is almost no bank that would do it, since the chapter 13 can be easily turned over to a 7 at any time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Permission to Refi during chapter 13 [ 3 Answers ]

We live in New Jersey and we have refinanced our home and obtained permission from the trustee and the judge, but my lawyer is saying that it takes five days for the judge to sign the order. Why? I am currently in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

Too soon for Chap. 7 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a rather complicated situation. I am 62, and my wife is 63. Due to my wife's medical problems (and bills), she and I had to file chapter 7 and it was granted in 2001. 17 mn.s ago my health failed and I had to go on disability from my job as a minister. My denominations disability Ins....

Bankruptcy chap 7 [ 1 Answers ]

I am dept in debt and unemployed and unable to pay about 20.000 dollars in credit card and loans. What is my best option to get rid of these debts and be able to answer my phone? I am 62 years old and am not worried about bad credit in the future. Help

I mean 1 peter chap 2 verse 9 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi could you please help with 1 peter chap 2 verse 9. The topic I'm suppose to do for my church is saved to server I need info on that. I don't know what that mean. Thanks

View more questions Search