Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    malcmur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2013, 08:24 AM
    Am I a veteran?
    I joined the Naval Reserve on 17 Jan 1955. I attended Reserve boot camp at Bainbridge,Md in April 1955. I attended The US Naval Academy for two years from June 1956 to June of 1958. I then was a memner of the naval reserve from June oe 1958 to May of 1959. I moved to Nh and was told I would be a member in inactive reserve until Jan 1963. I received my discharge in Jan 1063. At one time I had a DD214 but cannot find it. Am I a veteran? I do not want benefits just to be a veteran.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 30, 2013, 08:44 AM
    How many days (time) did you spend on active duty?

You can always get a new DD214.

And it dpends on what you call a veteran. For some, even one day allows you to call yourself and belong to some groups. For benefits, it requuirs a higher number of days

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a veteran [ 3 Answers ]

I am never certain when in a situation where people are asked if they are veterans of military service or just if they are veterans or if they served in the US military what I should say. I have always thought of a veteran as someone who served in the regular military during wartime but on one...

Am I considered a veteran [ 3 Answers ]

I served in the airforce national guard during the Korean war but did not see any active action--I served for seven years

Am I a veteran [ 1 Answers ]

Am I a veteran if I served only 9 months during gulf war in 1994 an received a general discharge?

Veteran's Day [ 3 Answers ]

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/376445_2259232276679_1124569762_31989252_335048482_n.jpg

How do I find out if I was a veteran? [ 5 Answers ]

I had a severe motorcycle accident sometime in the early 80's I believe it was and have no idea if I was ever a veteran. So how do I go about finding out.

View more questions Search