Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 30, 2013, 07:29 AM
    Star Trek, "Into Darkness"
    Went to see the Movie yesterday, It was great. Many references to the other Star Trek movies and TV show. If you watch it and want to discuss it,
    For those that have seen it, what did you think?

I saw it at a IMax in 3 D. here in Zhengzhou, China
    Attached Images

Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 30, 2013, 07:50 AM
    Was it subtitled or dubbed?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 30, 2013, 07:51 AM
    I saw last weekend in 3D too. It gave me the idea to watch ST2 ("Khannnnnnnnn!!!!!!") with my kids this weekend.
    Expert

May 30, 2013, 07:52 AM
    It had Chinese Sub titles, it was all English, most of the larger Cinema have at least one movie in English each week
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 30, 2013, 07:53 AM
    So it was good? To be honest, I have seen the ads for it and thought it looked lame. I had one guy telling me yesterday I should see it and that if I liked the others, I would like this one as well. Maybe I should go see it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 30, 2013, 07:57 AM
    If you are a Trekkie (which I am) you will appreciate it. The way they have created an alternate universe while integrating the characters and "history" of the Star Trek world is well done.

Definitely an enjoyable movie, though some of the references will go over non-trekkies heads.

Saw it in 2D though since my wife refuses to see anything 3D.
    Expert

May 30, 2013, 08:07 AM
    The 3 D was not that impressive, ( my son thought spears at first was cool) but yes, the way they included so much from the TV show, and movies, they built it well.

And yes, we are going out and buying some of the other movies, now.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 30, 2013, 08:12 AM
    The only part I didn't care for was the ubiquitous action fight scenes that are the signature for this director.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 30, 2013, 08:15 AM
    Star Trek II- The Wrath of Khan was my favorite Trek film. It was also the first VHS I got that was under $50 at the time. They came up with a brilliant marketing idea starting with that film... make it affordable, and more people will buy it, and they did. I have to add though, it was good that it was affordable because I wore it out. I was a kid and I loved it and couldn't see it enough. Playing it on our "NEW" push button VHS player (complete with Pause-Play wired remote) and seeing it on the ultra huge 25" screen console TV... lol. Those were the days.
    Expert

May 30, 2013, 08:36 AM
    Yes, Wrath of Khan was also one of my favorites.
    wonthewest Posts: 138, Reputation: 11

Jun 1, 2013, 06:07 PM
    The movie insults the intelligence of any true Star Trek fan. They haven't started their 5-year mission, so Khan has not even been found yet. He can't be in the movie. Also Christopher Pike can't die because he shows up in later missions. What a friggin' joke.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 1, 2013, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wonthewest View Post
    The movie insults the intelligence of any true Star Trek fan. They haven't started their 5-year mission, so Khan has not even been found yet. He can't be in the movie. Also Christopher Pike can't die because he shows up in later missions. What a friggin' joke.
    Did you see the original Star Trek with Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto? If so you would understand how this series of Trek movies occurs in an alternate history. The time line was changed in that first movie by a visitor from the future who killed Kirk's father just as he was being born.

In this history Khan and his people were discovered and used by Admiral Marcus. And Christopher Pike has a different history.

The joke, my friend is on you. Personally, I find this an imaginative blending of Trekian lore into a new historical timeline.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Jun 1, 2013, 10:10 PM
    Literally just walked in the door from watching it. Liked it quite a bit. Loved the tribble (sp?) - ohhh they're so troublesome! ;)
    Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 02:00 AM
    If you followed the entire series, of movies, this is a altered universe, so while it followed up to the other Star Trek, the events have been changed, in the previous movie by the time travel of the villain. So the issues with Khan and Pike is because of the change of reality due to the events of the time travel.
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

Jun 6, 2013, 11:04 AM
    I like how they changed from Kirk screaming "KHAAAAAAAAN" to Spock instead. Subtle but a nice change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Release date for "Creature of Darkness" (2009)? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know the approximate month of release for the upcoming indie SCI-FI HORROR flick "Creature of Darkness" aka "Hunter's Moon" (2009)? It is written and directed by Mark Stouffer and has Devon Sawa in the lead role.

View more questions Search