Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 30, 2013, 07:18 AM
    Not my "LITTLE" son any more
    Well my youngest son, (only 12) is now taller than his mom, and almost as tall as I am. These were taken two days ago, outside Walmart, here in Zhengzhou.
    Attached Images

odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 30, 2013, 07:55 AM
    Wow... haha, it won't be long until he is taller than you, will it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 30, 2013, 08:03 AM
    Not long at all, as of last week, he wears the same size shoe as I do.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jun 3, 2013, 02:33 PM
    How long are you living in China? Hope you're having a good time.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 3, 2013, 02:38 PM
    I wondered if that was your wife in front of the vending machine.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 02:45 PM
    I feel your pain Chuck. My 14 year old son is taller than my husband (my husband is 6'1"), and has bigger feet than hubby too. Right now he's the tallest person in the house (which isn't likely to change unless my 10 year old daughter has a major growth spurt).

He's only 14, not done growing! He's going to be a giant!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 02:48 PM
    My sister's daughter is 6 feet tall and married a guy 7 feet tall. They have a newish baby. Wonder how tall she will be someday.
    Pets Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    My sister's daughter is 6 feet tall and married a guy 7 feet tall. They have a newish baby. Wonder how tall she will be someday.
    They say that most kids will outgrow their parents. So far that's ringing true for me, at least with Jared. Sydney is tall too, she's over 5 feet tall and only 10.

I'm 5'11", Hubby is 6'1", Jared is a bit over 6'2" right now, but still growing. Syd, I have to measure, but I'm pretty sure she'll end up taller than me. Hopefully not taller than hubby.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jun 3, 2013, 03:37 PM
    You tall people are so lucky, I'm barely 5' 7", although I look taller because my waist is very slim. It's so hard to find pants that aren't 2 or 3 inches too long and they have a rack full of size 44 jeans but hardly any 30s. There are stores for tall men and women, but no stores for smaller guys.
    Pets Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 04:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    You tall people are so lucky, I'm barely 5' 7", although I look taller because my waist is very slim. It's so hard to find pants that aren't 2 or 3 inches too long and they have a rack full of size 44 jeans but hardly any 30s. There are stores for tall men and women, but no stores for smaller guys.
    Earl, there are stores for tall people, but who can afford them? You can buy a pair of pants probably for $20-$40 and have them hemmed for a reasonable price (where I live it would be around $5 to hem), and they'll fit.

Me, no option. I have to buy pants at a store for tall people. A crappy ugly pair of pants will cost me around $100 on sale.

I'd much rather be short and hem my pants, than be forced to buy pants for hundreds of dollars because I'm tall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lyrics "now the rain." " I was watching for the people"... "started to pray"... [ 1 Answers ]

This was a song that used to play on 'western music' in early 90's. It was sung by a male with a chorus... can someone help me please...

"plumber grade" vs "big box" vs "online" fixtures... [ 5 Answers ]

I have heard/read that there is a difference in the part quality, etc when purchasing faucets and plumbing parts from a showroom vs big box retailers vs online. Even if they are the same manufacturer part number? Are the big box and online parts less durable/made of cheaper components that the...

Please convert "Evolution", "Transformation", "Phoenix" in Sanskrit [ 0 Answers ]

Please convert 1. "Evolution", 2."Transformation", 3."Phoenix" in Sanskrit God bless - this will be used for a tattoo

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

View more questions Search