Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jamesw1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2013, 03:43 AM
    Stormwater
    Is it OK for water to sit in your stormwater pipe? It's PVC and has primed and glued joins and flows to street when it rains and doesn't back flow. Some water just sits in the pipe.is this OK ?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 30, 2013, 04:53 AM
    Yes it's OK but indicates improper pitch or bellied pipe. Will allow mosquitos to breed. How big is this pipe?
    Jamesw1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2013, 05:03 AM
    That is kind of what I thought . It's about 25m long and 90mm wide.The house slab is almost level with the exit in the gutter so hard to get any more fall
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 30, 2013, 07:11 AM
    What kind of slope did you give the line? Back to you, nTom
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 30, 2013, 08:56 PM
    Do this also:

With the t-stat turned OFF which means
    FAN --> Auto
    Mode; Cool-OFF-Heat (turn to OFF)

At the furnace connect R to Y to G. Before you make the connections, turn the power to the furnace off.

If all goes to plan, the AC would turn on, but never turn off. The inside fan will run too.

---

Aside:

Something to consider, since you have the right number of wires: Make the Rc/Rh connection at the Stat and also bring Common to the thermostat.

Depending on the age of the furnace, Common may not be labeled, but if your tstat supports common, I would use it.

Common is simply the other wire of the 24 V secondary that isn't connected to R.

---

I didn't want to put this in the picture: Thermostat signals and wiring - Transwiki but I will now. Look at the thermostat schematic pic.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 30, 2013, 09:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kiss View Post
    do this also:

With the t-stat turned off which means
    fan --> auto
    mode; cool-off-heat (turn to off)

at the furnace connect r to y to g. Before you make the connections, turn the power to the furnace off.

If all goes to plan, the ac would turn on, but never turn off. The inside fan will run too.

---

aside:

Something to consider, since you have the right number of wires: Make the rc/rh connection at the stat and also bring common to the thermostat.

Depending on the age of the furnace, common may not be labeled, but if your tstat supports common, i would use it.

Common is simply the other wire of the 24 v secondary that isn't connected to r.

---

i didn't want to put this in the picture: thermostat signals and wiring - transwiki but i will now. Look at the thermostat schematic pic.
    Huh?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 30, 2013, 09:42 PM
    The forum is wacky. I wasn't logged in when I posted a message and it just so happened to appear here. Not my fault, honest.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 31, 2013, 07:46 AM
    KISS & Brian,
    When did this thread become a heater problem? I can understand KISS hitting the wrong send button but Brian, why did you answer? Inquiring minds want to know. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stop Stormwater Backflow [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I am new and have just found "ask me, help me" so I am first time at this! I have a stormwater backflow problem... a four inch pvc floor drain... in sump... clears water from cement floor area... however... now the storm water from outside is backing up onto the floor... any way to put a check...

Water tank overflow to stormwater leaking [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this site but was hoping someone could help me with a watertank issue. I have a 3000L external tank, not plumbed in to the house but used for watering the garden, in Brisbane, Australia. With all the rain it fills up very quickly and then the water flows to the overflow stormwater...

View more questions Search