Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    What do you recommend?
    As we had seen one of the recommendations was alternative areas for relief. But that wasn't good enough. It had to be in the girls restroom in front of other girls. Imagine the explaining that is going to have to take place.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    As we had seen one of the recomendations was alternative areas for relief. But that wasnt good enough. It had to be in the girls restroom infront of other girls. Imagine the explaining that is going to have to take place.
    You apparently have never been in a girls' bathroom. Nothing is done "in front of" other girls. There is a row of private cubicles. We don't need urinals.
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 03:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You apparently have never been in a girls' bathroom. Nothing is done "in front of" other girls. There is a row of private cubicles. We don't need urinals or to fish out our "stuff."
    Who is "we" ? Or are you now saying you have a penis? Apparently the person in the article does.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 03:09 PM
    Who is "we" ? Or are you now saying you have a penis? Apparently the person in the article does.
    The person (girl) who still looks like a male will enter a cubicle and close the door in order to urinate. We girls don't urinate in front of each other.
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 03:10 PM
    The person (girl) who still looks like a male will enter a cubicle and close the door in order to urinate. We don't urinate in front of each other.
    But this one can stand up. And later on in school when/if there is still P.E. classes then they will be showering with the girls.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 03:18 PM
    But this one can stand up. And later on in school when/if there is still P.E. classes then they will be showering with the girls.
    So let her stand up in her cubicle with a closed door. There is no other place to urinate in a girls' bathroom. (The sinks are too high.)

No one showers any longer. See my earlier post.

By the way, transgender has nothing to do with homosexuality. It's a whole 'nother animal.
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 03:32 PM
    So let her stand up in her cubicle with a closed door. There is no other place to urinate in a girls' bathroom. (The sinks are too high.)

No one showers any longer. See my earlier post.

By the way, transgender has nothing to do with homosexuality. It's a whole 'nother animal.
    That's simply not true. Your making a blanket statement that isn't true. In some places they have cut back or not made it mandatory but it is still happening in many districts.

Do schools still force students to take showers after gym class? - Yahoo! Answers

Some Schools Doing Away With Gym Showers « CBS Chicago
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 03:39 PM
    Thats simply not true. Your making a blanket statement that isnt true. In some places they have cut back or not made it mandatory but it is still happening in many districts.
    As far as I know, it's usually not mandatory. My two adult sons never opted to take showers, had been given the choice. They tell me very few students showered (1980s and '90s). It WAS mandatory back in the early '60s when I was in high school, but students have always avoided it like the plague.
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 03:52 PM
    As far as I know, it's usually not mandatory. My two adult sons never opted to take showers, had been given the choice. They tell me very few students showered (1980s and '90s). It WAS mandatory back in the early '60s when I was in high school, but students have always avoided it like the plague.
    That is why I cited 2 different sources. To show that there may be changes but its still occurring in places also. The first source was as recent as 2011.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 09:01 PM
    Redesign the public bathrooms for privacy, and unisex use. Schools too. I think we are on the tip of the iceberg of changing the way we think about things.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2013, 06:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Redesign the public bathrooms for privacy, and unisex use. Schools too. I think we are on the tip of the iceberg of changing the way we think about things.
    What could go wrong?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 25, 2013, 06:29 AM
    Anything that man does could go wrong.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jun 26, 2013, 06:44 AM
    Oh god now we fighting over toilets. I don't think toilets should be design unisex unless they provide complete privacy to the user, men or women. And this issue is not about gay rights.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2013, 06:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Anything that man does could go wrong.
    Ever been to a pro football game? I can't wait to see the lines when they go unisex and everyone has to wait for a stall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gay Marriage [ 30 Answers ]

Hello: Gay marriage is now LEGAL in my state. Provisions were made for the clergy to refuse to do them if they felt uncomfortable, but can JUDGES refuse? excon

PA does not allow gay marriage but... [ 10 Answers ]

Is there any way I can legally set up my finances, insurance, and so on similar to marriage benefits? Also, is there any way for me to legally take her last name? (we are both adult females, very much so in love and committed to each other, looking for an alternative to marriage)

Gay Marriage [ 304 Answers ]

Hello conservative right wingers: Why do you deny the happiness, that you yourself enjoy, from your fellow citizens? Isn't doing that UN Christianlike?? I think it IS!! You are bad and wrong for doing that. Tell my why you're not. excon

Gay Marriage [ 153 Answers ]

Are you for or against Gay Marriage?

Check whether your new business logo infringe a copyright [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I came up with a new logo for a small business company. How is it possible to check if the new logo infringes anybody's copyright (their logo)? The logo is a creation with two initials. For example, if the company name is MicroSoft, I made the new logo using M and S.

View more questions Search