Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AerBear Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2013, 09:46 PM
    Is Betta OK?
    My betta fish is sliding into a castle I didn't even think he could fit into and then sliding out the other side. Is he doing this because he is depressed or bored? I plan to get him a live plant to play in and such but I need money first hahah. Anyway um if anyone has any info that'd be great!

May 28, 2013, 09:48 PM
    Also he's right now agitatedly swimming around.

May 28, 2013, 10:31 PM
    I think I did something bad to My betta :( on accident! I put warm water in the tank to warm it up for the poor guy and I forgot to put the special solution in the water and I dumped it in... is he going to die?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 29, 2013, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AerBear View Post
    I think I did something bad to My betta :( on accident! I put warm water in the tank to warm it up for the poor guy and I forgot to put the special solution in the water and i dumped it in...is he going to die?!
    He might... you may want to read about fish a little bit before experimenting on them.

You don't just add warm water to the bowl/tank just to warm it up... the fish has become accustomed to the temperature you have it in and changing that temp drastically by adding water can wind up killing the fish... not to mention that you should condition the water first.

Listen... it's a fish. It's not a toy. It's not a pet you play with. You put it in water, feed it, care for it, and watch it swim. Stop playing with this poor thing before you kill it.

May 29, 2013, 01:57 PM
    I didn't mean to honestly. The water has condition in it. That much I knew. I'm not trying to kill or play with it. I'm trying to be a good pet owner. But look I've learned my lesson and I'm not putting water into it again. But the water temp didn't change a whole lot. This is my first betta fish and I'm trying my best. Don't berate me out please.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 29, 2013, 06:00 PM
    Being a good pet owner in this case is setting up a liveable environment for this fish and letting it be other than the needed care. Adding warm water and play things is not something you should be doing.

Read and learn about fish and this fish in particular. They don't need a whole lot to keep them happy. If you read and learn, you will be able to take care of it with no problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Betta Fungus [ 1 Answers ]

My betta has fungus and I have gave him his treatment and he sits at the bottom of the tank and will not move I move him a bit he move but not much can you help I thingk my other betta knows and yes they are in separate tanks please help me please please pease help I love him soooooooooooo much...

Mean betta fish [ 6 Answers ]

I have a new 10 gallon tank with 2 guppies, 1 clown loach, and a male betta fish. My betta is flaring his gills, and looks like he's trying to bite me if I turn on the light, or go up to the glass with the light on. I've had one previous betta before and never has done this. I'm really concerned he...

What can betta fish live with? [ 2 Answers ]

I used to have a girl betta fish and she lived with other fish and people now are saying that bettas can't live with any other fish. If so, what can they live with because I feel bad having my soon to be betta living all alone. I'm getting it tomorrow!

Betta fish [ 1 Answers ]

Do betta fish really need an air pump in their tank/bowl? Can they just sit in still water? And if they are in s5till water, how often do you have to change the water??

GH/KH concern with new Betta [ 1 Answers ]

Hello :), I have a 6 gallon tank in my office with a PH of 7.2, and a GH and KH of about 53.7, (as far as I'm understanding on the API test kit.) I just got my Betta and plan to put him in his new home this evening; but I'm trying to figure out if my GH and KH levels are all right. Some of...

View more questions Search