Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 23, 2007, 08:35 AM
    When Should I See a Doctor?
    Since we have multiple postings on when it is important to seek medical advice, I thought I would post a few guidelines on when it is important to seek medical attention.

It is important to contact your doctor's/dentist's office if you notice significant changes in how you feel and function. Nobody knows your body better than you, so be prepared to expaing your concerns in detail. You will then be told if you need to make an appointment. If you experience and of the symptoms below, call your doctor/dentist.

* A fever that lasts more than a few days;
    * Recurrent dizziness or nausea;
    * Vision changes or frequent headaches;
    * Unexplained changes in weight;
    * Abnormal bleeding, for women this includes longer periods, extremely heavy periods, scanty or shor periods, as well as missing periods:
    * Pain that lingers or worsens after a week.

MOST IMPORTANT, don't ignore unusual symptoms. If it is enough to cause you concern, it's worth a call to your doctor's/dentist's office.
    MummaCrash Posts: 136, Reputation: 19

May 3, 2007, 05:51 AM
    Wow, supportive words you have there. :)

I'm glad I opened this post.

I spent the whole day in hospital receiving apologetic feedback and sincere comfort and thorough care.

I am now facing the following possible diagnosis, further tests must be taken.

Endometriosus, IBS, Crohns disease, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Irregular/prominant thyroid.

And I have been seeing a GP every week for the past 7 months. Isn't that scary?

I'm extremely scared and worried about how wrong gp's were, assuring me there was nothing wrong with me just to get me out within five minutes.

The problem isn't always the patient it's the Doctors in a sense as well.
    mcneill2181 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Thank-you a lot for your post!!
    Lucky333 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 02:13 PM
    * Abnormal bleeding, for women this includes longer periods, extremely heavy periods, scanty or shor periods, as well as missing periods:

I'm fourteen.and I've had my period for almost 3 weeks.its not lightening. I really can't tell anyone. What should I do. I figured out not eating makes it stop but when I eat something it will start again.:/
    manesh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 10:27 PM

How do I get fat ?now I am only 42.I want to become 52
    ullrs_echo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaCrash View Post
    Wow, supportive words you have there. :)

I'm glad I opened this post.

I spent the whole day in hospital recieving apologetic feedback and sincere comfort and thorough care.

I am now facing the following possible diagnosis, further tests must be taken.

Endometriosus, IBS, Crohns disease, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Irregular/prominant thyroid.

And I have been seing a GP every week for the past 7 months. Isn't that scary?

I'm extremely scared and worried about how wrong gp's were, assuring me there was nothing wrong with me just to get me out within five minutes.

The problem isn't always the patient it's the Doctors in a sense as well.
    I know how you feel, for the past two years I was in and out of the hospital at least two times a months. I even got pregnant and it carried out through out my pregnancy. They told me it was multiple things such as: appendix, Crohn's, IBS, etc. Finally in August I got a good GI doctor and he gave me a blood test as well as some other test... I can't remember the name of it, but it turned out to be Crohn's disease and I am only 22 and in great health (outside of that)... I thought Crohn's was something only old people got.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Finding the right doctor [ 4 Answers ]

j9 and others, I was wondreing if any of you have any ideas about finding a doctor that treats chronic pain. Does anyone have any advice for me on what I should be looking for? j9 the only hemotoligist here treat cancer patients, and I would need a refferal to see them. So I'm writing this to get...

When Should I See a Doctor? [ 4 Answers ]

Since we have multiple postings on when it is important to seek medical advice, I thought I would post a few guidelines on when it is important to seek medical attention. It is important to contact your doctor's/dentist's office if you notice significant changes in how you feel and function. ...

Should I go to a Doctor? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on the pill now for about a year, about a month ago I missed approx 3-4 active pills. I wasn't engaging in any sexual activity at the time so I know I can't be pregnant however about a week later I started bleeding and have been now for a month. Does anyone know what is...

When Should I See a Doctor? [ 0 Answers ]

Since we have multiple postings on when it is important to seek medical advice, I thought I would post a few guidelines on when it is important to seek medical attention. It is important to contact your doctor's/dentist's office if you notice significant changes in how you feel and function. ...

When Should I See a Doctor? [ 0 Answers ]

View more questions Search