Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 23, 2007, 08:30 AM
    When Should I See a Doctor?
    Since we have multiple postings on when it is important to seek medical advice, I thought I would post a few guidelines on when it is important to seek medical attention.

It is important to contact your doctor's/dentist's office if you notice significant changes in how you feel and function. Nobody knows your body better than you, so be prepared to expaing your concerns in detail. You will then be told if you need to make an appointment. If you experience and of the symptoms below, call your doctor/dentist.

* A fever that lasts more than a few days;
    * Recurrent dizziness or nausea;
    * Vision changes or frequent headaches;
    * Unexplained changes in weight;
    * Abnormal bleeding, for women this includes longer periods, extremely heavy periods, scanty or shor periods, as well as missing periods:
    * Pain that lingers or worsens after a week.

MOST IMPORTANT, don't ignore unusual symptoms. If it is enough to cause you concern, it's worth a call to your doctor's/dentist's office.
    Shahin Khan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 06:26 AM
    I have been having headache every day - no fixed pattern. The pain starts behind and above the ears and sometimes just close to the neck (below the head). I feel like there's some pressure building inside my head and my nerves will burst. This lasts for only 2 to maximum 5 mts and occurs 2, 3 or sometimes even 4 to 5 times a day. I have started feeling weak all of a sudden and my hands, legs and even head becomes numb very often. I stay in a hostel and am unable to check with a doctor. Wanted to know if it is serious will plan to go to my parents and then check with the doctor.
    Shahin Khan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 06:26 AM
    I have been having headache every day - no fixed pattern. The pain starts behind and above the ears and sometimes just close to the neck (below the head). I feel like there's some pressure building inside my head and my nerves will burst. This lasts for only 2 to maximum 5 mts and occurs 2, 3 or sometimes even 4 to 5 times a day. I have started feeling weak all of a sudden and my hands, legs and even head becomes numb very often. I stay in a hostel and am unable to check with a doctor. Wanted to know if it is serious will plan to go to my parents and then check with the doctor.
    victoriaweaver2 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2011, 01:30 PM
    Shahin_Khan, I would talk to your parents and go ahead to the doctor. Head pain can be indicative something as simple as stress, trauma (if you hit your head on something) or could be as big as an aneurysm or tumor. Go to the doctor, and explain your symptoms and the frequency, and remember, you'd rather be safe than sorry.

Good luck! :)
    dawnsnyder Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2011, 11:20 PM
    Every night I am awoken with severe top lft leg ang muscle in groin. I can't cross that leg anymore. Hurts to get up and doing.Maybe 3 weeks to 1 month. Pain to bad to sleep and when I do the pain wakes me up. No medicine except Ibupropin which doesn't releave. Is or could this be something that will go away or be seen asap?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Creepy Doctor [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am a victim and am seeking answers and a possible solution. While examining me, my doctor went through my purse. I went in complaining of a sinus infection and found it odd that he would have me lay on my right side while he prodded at my back. He asked unrelated repetitive questions. ...

Finding the right doctor [ 4 Answers ]

j9 and others, I was wondreing if any of you have any ideas about finding a doctor that treats chronic pain. Does anyone have any advice for me on what I should be looking for? j9 the only hemotoligist here treat cancer patients, and I would need a refferal to see them. So I'm writing this to get...

Should I go to a Doctor? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on the pill now for about a year, about a month ago I missed approx 3-4 active pills. I wasn't engaging in any sexual activity at the time so I know I can't be pregnant however about a week later I started bleeding and have been now for a month. Does anyone know what is...

How to get pregnant w/o seeing a doctor? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I am 34 and trying to get pregnant, however found myself not ready to go to a doctor yet. Is there any way, me & my husband can try 1st before seeing an ob-gyn? At least a conventional way? We've been trying to get pregnant for more than a year now, by the way. Do you guys think...

View more questions Search