Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rineeshk19 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2013, 10:26 AM
    The wires green yellow red and white ripped out from my keyboard
    The wires green yellow red and white ripped out from my keyboard.the letters VGDC corresponds to these wires... but I don't know which letter indicates for which wire... somebody please help me to refix it
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

May 28, 2013, 11:13 AM
    Your best bet is to contact the manufacturers tech support by e-mail service and ask them to send you a photo of your model boards wiring. If the wires broke from the board leaving no indication of which is which, guessing could ruin the board. Then there is the Sherlock Holmes method. If you can tell where wires came off by a little wire left soldered to the board or a hole in the solder, you might be able to determine by the length of the wire what goes where. Usually red is positive power and white negative. Therefore, if + and - are indicated on the board, and the green wire is a lot shorter than the yellow, that would be a good guess.
    rineeshk19 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2013, 11:52 AM
    Unfortunately I cleaned all the remaining things... AM Totally TRAPPED :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell RTH221B help, Red Yellow White Yellow Green Blue wires? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I got a new thermostat for the house but went to replace the old one and I have a Yellow, Green, Red, White, and Blue wires but the thermostat has the Y, G, Rh, Rc, and W. An electrician friend hooked it up for me and did the following: Y - Yellow G - Green Rh - Red with a jumper to Rc W -...

How to wire noma with 5 wires blue, white, green,yellow, red [ 0 Answers ]

Noma I have o/b , y , r, g, w. I do connect why to yellow, are to red, g to green, w to white and o/b to? If I connect blue to o/b only AC works but no heat . But should I change to so AC and heat work. Thanks

How to wiring noma thermostat with 5 wires blue, white, green,yellow, red, [ 1 Answers ]

I have white =w, green=g yellow=y red=r and o/b options on the new noma thermostat ( old thermostat was carrier )

Hi I have a ritetemp thermostats and I have seven wires red blue white yellow green [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a ritetemp thermostats and I have seven wires red blue white yellow green pink white

I just switched my thermostat it has 7 wires red,orange,yellow green,white, blue,brwn [ 1 Answers ]

The thermostat I bought doesn't match all the letters that are associated with the wires I do got we attatched most the wires but we got 3 left over the brown one the blue and red wires and we don't know where to connect them to turn the heat on

View more questions Search