Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AerBear Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2013, 10:21 PM
    Is it OK to turn the air pump off in a fish tank with a Betta?
    So the pump has been running for about 4 hours and I turned it off so I could sleep at night without the noise but I just want to make sure that my betta will be OK. I've heard that it's bad and I've also heard that they can survive without it. But I'd turn the pump back on In the morning anyway when I woke up. I just want to make sure.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 27, 2013, 10:29 PM
    Yes fine.
    DrGuy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2013, 02:45 AM
    Yes bettas will do just fine without an air pump. I'd just turn it off and leave it off as that will provide better stability than turning it off and on every day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Betta fish and 100 degree water temp [ 3 Answers ]

We were on vacation and returned to find that we had a sudden heat wave and the Betta tank jumped to 100 degrees. The fish is on the bottom, with gills moving slowly. He has moved around the tank but just barely. The tank is now about 78 degrees. Will this fish recover?

Mean betta fish [ 6 Answers ]

I have a new 10 gallon tank with 2 guppies, 1 clown loach, and a male betta fish. My betta is flaring his gills, and looks like he's trying to bite me if I turn on the light, or go up to the glass with the light on. I've had one previous betta before and never has done this. I'm really concerned he...

Betta fish and tankmates [ 34 Answers ]

Hi, My old Betta fish recently died. I have an empty tank and I want to get a new one. The tank is a gallon. When I get my Betta, I want to get it a tankmate. I was thinking about getting a snail, but I also want to get it another fish friend. First, I know that Bettas are territorial, so...

What can betta fish live with? [ 2 Answers ]

I used to have a girl betta fish and she lived with other fish and people now are saying that bettas can't live with any other fish. If so, what can they live with because I feel bad having my soon to be betta living all alone. I'm getting it tomorrow!

Betta fish [ 1 Answers ]

Do betta fish really need an air pump in their tank/bowl? Can they just sit in still water? And if they are in s5till water, how often do you have to change the water??

View more questions Search