Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sweetness2671 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2013, 03:18 PM
    One important use of fractions is being able to divide recipes into parts, that is, s
    One important use of fractions is being able to divide recipes into parts, that is, smaller sizes. For example, I’m cooking brownies but it serves 25 people and you only have 5 to serve in your family. In this situation, you would prepare one-fifth of the recipe.
    1. Find a favorite recipe with at least 3 ingredients and list the measurements and ingredients of the original recipe: ¼ Cup of Water/ ½ Cup Vegetable Oil/ 2 Eggs
    2. You are cooking for a smaller crowd and need to prepare two-thirds of the original recipe. Show all of the calculations for modifying each ingredient in the recipe. Be sure to reduce all fractions. List the measurements and ingredients of the new reduced recipe.
    3. Discuss what you could do to measure an amount of an ingredient that is not a typical measuring cup size. (If you found a value that is not a typical measuring cup size in your reduced recipe, make sure to discuss how you would measure the amount.)
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 27, 2013, 03:25 PM
    Ok, I'm not going to be mean here (although I usually am when it comes to people posting their homework) but I need you to seriously look at what you posted. Look at it and pretend that you are someone online (one of us... a volunteer) and then decide if you would take the time to answer something like this for someone... be honest.

Not only can we not do your homework for you but really, who do you expect to do this? You want someone here to come up with a recipe and write it out... do the math for it... and then write a discussion about what we did, and could do... I don't think so.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 27, 2013, 04:32 PM
    Thanks Odinn7. My exact thoughts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parts and whole fractions [ 3 Answers ]

G&m went on a 24-mile bike ride By lunchtime theyhad ridden5/8 of the total distance. How many miles did they have left to rideafter lunch?________miles

Parts and wholes fractions [ 1 Answers ]

If 12 counters are the whole set. What fraction of the set is 8?

Pre Cal : Fractions with Fractions as exponents [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone explain to me how to solve this equation: (4/9)-1/2* *Exponent ??

How does multiplying fractions differ from adding fractions? [ 1 Answers ]

How does multiplying fractions differ from adding fractions

Algerbraic fractions to partial fractions [ 4 Answers ]

reduce the following algerbraic fractions to partial fractions 7x-4 (x-2)(2x-3) 5x-7 (3x+2)^2 (x-3)(x+4) x^2-12x

View more questions Search