Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wayne Hair Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2013, 03:09 PM
    Replacing a heart valve
    I had my aorta valve replaced in my heart with a bovine valve, what is my life expectancy. Can it be replaced or is it, not replaceable, because of the risk?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 27, 2013, 03:12 PM
    This is something you should discuss with your doctor. There are no doctors on this site, least of all surgeons. We cannot accurately answer this question, especially since we don't know your medical history, which will play a large part in any answer you get.

See your doctor.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 27, 2013, 05:31 PM
    The question doesn't make sense anyway. You ask what your life expectancy is, but then as if 'it' is replaceable. The valve? Who is suggesting that you replace it? Or do you want to know the life of a bovine valve?

But as Alty said, this is very much a question for your surgeon and family doctor, as each case is different.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing a Saddle Valve [ 3 Answers ]

I Have a saddle valve that allows water flow to a furnace humidifier. I can not shut it off nor turn the valve stem. Can a saddle valve be replaced or does one install a new piece of copper pipe and then install the valve?

Will replacing my fill valve help? [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the seal beneath the fill valve and the seals for the bolts that hold the tank on the toilet. The leak is still there, and it is definitely coming from the hole for the fill valve. Having already replaced the seals, will replacing the entire fill valve help?

Replacing Diverter valve [ 0 Answers ]

How do I replace the diverter valve in a Kohler sink faucet R10430?

"gurgle' from heart valve not closing tightly [ 2 Answers ]

I was recently diagnosed with this problem. My doctor says a lot of women get it. Anyway, I don't like the sound of it. I won't see my doctor until 9/17. I may be a wreck by then. Has anyone else experienced this? Did you have any symptoms prior to your diagnosis? /FONT] Thank you for any light...

View more questions Search