Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 27, 2013, 07:19 AM
    Magic Jack(Jerk), hangup
    I repeatedly get calls from (718)564-7514, they will be silent, and when an adult speaks, they hang up quickly(Pedophile?), You call the number back and you get some Jerk Recording selling Magic Jack, I am on the Do Not Call list, which is basically useless.
    They piss off a lot of people, The FTC has there hands tied and can't do anything, how are they going to Stop Robo Dialers, $50,000 for someone who solves this, if they can't fix the basics?
    If you Fined these Jerks Severely, We could likely eleminate out Deposit

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/7185647514

The above link confirms no on can stop Jerks?

I have the Number stored as "Magic Jerk", so I won't waste time answering.
    Some people think Cell Companies Have people continuous calling to raise your Minutes, It IS STEALING. I wouldn't think a Big Corporate Company would stoop that low just to make a Buck.

Why register on the Do Not Call list if there are no repercussions?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 27, 2013, 07:51 AM
    Why register on the Do Not Call list if there are no repercussions?
    Because the DNC list list is for telco provided services, you are using the internet to make and receive calls therefore you are not using telco's services, it's the Wild West for you.
    Uber Member

May 27, 2013, 08:02 AM
    I DO NOT USE MAGIC JACK, They repeadedly call me on my Landline and CellPhone. Both are on the DO NOT CALL LIST?
    I don't use the Internet for Making Calls.
    I use the Internet for Exposing Jerk Telemarketers.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 27, 2013, 08:05 AM
    I have to say, I am on the DNC List also and it's a load of crap. It's practically worthless. So many of these companies use a number for a short time and just switch it out so they don't get shut down. Also, the robo-dialers are supposed to be outlawed but it still seems so many of these places are still using them.
    If the same number keeps popping up and you are on the DNC List, go to the FTC website and there is a spot there to report a number that is calling you. I have done this before with consistent numbers and it stopped them.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 27, 2013, 08:13 AM
    I can't help. Just want to say that I bought Magic Jack, returned it in 3 days, didn't get charged. They contacted me twice saying I had voice mails I hadn't read, and that was the last I ever heard from them. Terrible product, useless specs, many misfeatures, ads are all hype with no information, and pricing gets complicated. I don't know how they stay in business.
    Someone from the who calls me site wrote this in March
    "I had them over. They are MBA partly owned by Romesh Rajakariar who can be reached at cell 305-240-2714 or 305-860-8808, he is part owner of the company. They are Merchant Business Alliance. Romesh is a good guy and I told him his call center is not very good and alienating people."
    But now people say both numbers don't work.
    I suspect that they are under the radar of the do not call list and are not a registered business.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 27, 2013, 08:25 AM
    I DO NOT USE MAGIC JACK
    My bad, I read that wrong, I apologize. Yes, I agree with the above, the DNC is mostly worthless. The company calling you may have offshore facilities they are using.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 27, 2013, 10:02 AM
    Have you registered a complaint with the FTC?

https://complaints.donotcall.gov/com...k.aspx?panel=2
    Uber Member

May 27, 2013, 10:56 AM
    cdad, I will try the process and keep updated.
    The Bad thing is, They may have nothing to do with Magic Jack, and the Caller ID can be spoofed?
    Hoping MagicJack, if they see this, and they have nothing to do with this jerk, Maybe they can put the squeeze on Him?/Her?
    Since I wrote this earlier, the Weasel has sent 4 Texts. Sounds like he has an Exciting life?
    Uber Member

May 28, 2013, 07:28 AM
    Here are some people who would like to shoot him:
    7185647514 - who calls me from 718-564-7514?
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

May 30, 2013, 10:32 AM
    I'm not entirely sure, but when I make calls using Google Voice the number is a 718 number.. May be someone messing with you via Google Voice. Just speculation though.
    Uber Member

May 31, 2013, 06:39 AM
    I got One of the GoogleVoice at 3:28 AM, seem the Little weasels and Jerks have another tool to terrorize people with.
    Would be nice if Google has an Abuse Department, and fines for abusing this system, a way to track the number, make people accountable for being an .
    This number had the 718 Prefix as well:
    760-705-8888 / 7607058888 1/150
    Everyone can't be NOT Accountable.
    Now they need something to block Google, Block's Googles Crap. All 718?
    Is anyone working on Phone Abuse, We may own the Sky, but Communications, lack of securing, leaves us very vulnerable.
    Uber Member

May 31, 2013, 06:48 AM
    Looked some more on GoogleVoice, seems to be used mostly by Scammers and Cons?
    TAZ Forum Community • View topic - 760-705-8888 Scam

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Magic Jack - block an incoming call [ 22 Answers ]

Hello... I need to block the phone number of a pesky incoming call. Does anyone know how to do this with Magic Jack?:confused:

Magic Jack support [ 0 Answers ]

I'm lost my user, mail and password of my magicjack, I have it the equipment, but when go to start, I don't see the number

Magic Jack [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of Magic Jack? Or is there anyone who has used it and what's your opinion? If I wanted to call Iraq do I have to send one to them also? Or is it that I just have to buy one and fix it to my comp and start calling anywhere in the world? Please help me if anyone knows about this...

Magic jack [ 1 Answers ]

I can send a fax but not recive one With magic jack

View more questions Search