Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ron Nowacki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2013, 06:33 AM
    One piece Kohler 30 year old model Rialto 3402 1 piece toilet drains
    What could be the cause of a one piece Kohler toilet, 30 year old model Rialto 3402, a 1 piece toilet tank to completely drain when the source water valve is turned off. When the source water is turned on and the tank if full there is no disturbance of the water in the bowl but looking into the round stand pipe you can see the water running. How can I fix this problem

Thanks for your help.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 27, 2013, 07:53 AM
    Sounds like the flapper is bad or possibly the seat. Fill the tank and put a couple of drops of food coloring in the tank. Look in the bowl. See color? Bad flapper. Note that some Kohler toilets need a Kohler flapper and will not work with a universal replacement. Take the old one with you.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 27, 2013, 08:35 AM
    ma0641 said it: replace flopper.

Be careful, low-boys Rialto toilets take specific flopper. Go to plumbing supply house that caters to professionals. They'll have it in stock - otherwise, in big box stores you get only something similar to it and it will not fit properly and will leak again.

Hope that helps. Back to you. Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adapt a Kohler Rialto Toilet to a 1.28 g flush? [ 1 Answers ]

Is this possible? Does such a kit exist? I have to either adapt my existing toilet or replace it with a low flush before I sell my home. Thanks for your time, Jill

Weak flush/no swirl on new installed one piece toilet [ 9 Answers ]

I have read through the posts on this subject in this forum but was unable to find a response that fits my problem. So I am posting it here. Apologies, if this type of question has already been answered, if so , kindly direct me to it. I recently installed a new one piece toilet/dual flush. The...

Old Briggs one piece toilet [ 4 Answers ]

We have an older Briggs one piece toilet. Says C-Briggs 12-12-1956. The inside must have been converted or is missing a part. When flushed no water comes out under the rim. There is a piece with nothing attached to it (see pic, part in red box) that if I put the little hose into, water...

4 piece Sterling/Kohler shower [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed a 4 piece shower unite (L&R side wall, back wall & base) in a house that I am remodeling. My father has suggested heavily, that I need to tile around the upper portion and down the sides of the unit. I would prefer not to. What is the correct procedure in an instance such as...

Champion 2 piece Toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Have had toilet less then a year and has worked fine lately seems not enough power to properly flush toilet. Possible flush valve seal?? Any suggestions greatly appreciated

View more questions Search