Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paula134 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2013, 06:20 AM
    What can we give baby 6 months. Old that can't have bowel movement?
    Baby went 2 days without bowel movement. What can we do? Please answer soon.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 27, 2013, 06:33 AM
    A call or visit to the babies doctor. A child that young does not need to do anything, without the doctor consulting on it
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2013, 06:19 PM
    Of course see your doctor like chuck suggested.

But also something you can do (or remember for the future) if a long time without a bowel movement goes by, try getting a rectal thermometer, (or qtip) use vasaline, and insert into the rectum to stimulate the nerves, muscles, and get things lubed up.

Babies sometimes just need that extra push. (no pun intended) sort of like when a mother cat licks a kittens bottom to stimulate a poop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bowel movement [ 2 Answers ]

I haven't had a bowel movement for over three days now ? Drinking plenty of water , eating fiber foods and trying to go , having pain in my lower left anf right extremities it hurts to move or sit different positions its going on four days now? I feel like I have to go but can't very painful , feel...

Bowel Movement [ 1 Answers ]

What do I do with 221month old little boy who has a bowl movement every 10-20 minutes

4 week kitten/no bowel movement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 4 week old kitten. It has been over 48 hours and still no bowel movement. I have tried stimulation and it doesn't work. The kitten has been eating soft kitten food and will not drink water from the bowl or suckle the KMR from the bottle. I have used a dropper to get more fluids. I...

Bowel movement [ 3 Answers ]

Lately, but very sporatically, my bowel movements have been almost pure liquid. I don't think it is diarrhea because it is very random, and only happens once then stops. This is gross, but as soon as I go to the bathroom, it just comes out. I didn't know if it was just my digestive system being...

View more questions Search