Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Mar 23, 2007, 07:01 AM
    Finding Free Counseling
    Does any one have advice or guidance for finding free, local, emotional counseling and therapy, that is reliable and good? There is some information on the internet but how can one know which way to go and which organization offers good services? So, if you've had experiences with a certain organization or service please post and recommend how to go about finding a good, free, emotional counseling service. Thanks in advance.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Mar 23, 2007, 09:37 AM
    You might try calling 2-1-1 in your area. They are the referral service for all kinds of local help. In some circumstances you have to be pretty darned broke to qualify for free so don't be surprised if you run into "sliding scale" fee requirements - those can be worth looking into too.

If 2-1-1 isn't yet operational on the phone in your area, here is the national link: 2-1-1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free bankrupcty counseling courses online? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any free bankrupcty counseling courses that you can do online:(

Consumer counseling [ 2 Answers ]

We have been with a consumer counseling agency for the last two months, which they have been making payments to our creditors. We have one creditor Sears, which has been handed over to a collection agency. The collection agency has been calling our home and telling us they do not work with...

Home Equity loan or Consumer Credit Counseling [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I need some advice. I have about 52,000 worth of credit card and loan debt. I have a credit score of 680 which was 721. I am currently with a consumer credit counseling service which I have to pay 1200.00 a month for 4 years. Im having a hard time making that payment! My question is should...

I think I need Counseling [ 7 Answers ]

It's funny that counseling has been popping up in some relationship posts. I was just thinking today that I really need it. I posted about breaking up with my boyfriend in December and he called three weeks ago... I never called him back because I'm not ready. So even though I miss him terribly I...

View more questions Search