Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JCinSC Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2005, 08:22 AM
    Roman Tub Hand Held Shower - DIVERTER
    I am in the process of installing a jacuzzi tub and a Price Pfister Roman Faucet set. My wife has requested a Hand Held Shower attachment and OBVIOUSLY I want to fulfill her request. Here is my dilemma:

I NEED A DIVERTER for this faucet set which can be activated forn the tub and the hose can be routed under the lip of the tub and out through an orifice on the lip/rim of the tub. I have envisioned an in-line diverter valve attached directly to the spout, the flow valve body attached below and an activator located either on the tub wall or rim.

Is there a diverter valve commercially available to fulfull my needs? Or does anyone have any other suggestions other than buying a different facucet set?

Thanks!

JCinSC
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 30, 2005, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JCinSC
    I am in the process of installing a jacuzzi tub and a Price Pfister Roman Faucet set. My wife has requested a Hand Held Shower attachment and OBVIOUSLY I want to fulfill her request. Here is my dilemma:

I NEED A DIVERTER for this faucet set which can be activated forn the tub and the hose can be routed under the lip of the tub and out through an orifice on the lip/rim of the tub. I have envisioned an in-line diverter valve attached directly to the spout, the flow valve body attached below and an activator located either on the tub wall or rim.

Is there a diverter valve commercially available to fulfull my needs? Or does anyone have any other suggestions other than buying a different facucet set?

Thanks!

JCinSC
    You're looking for a neat looking Roman type diverter spout and a hand held spray that looks like it was built in and came with the tub and that just ain't going to happen. To the best of my knowledge and after checking the web I can't even find a roman spout with a diverter let alone the rig you're searching for. And in addition I doubt you'll locate a new whirlpool faucet set that diverts unless you cap off the upper holes in the tub and install a regular tub and shower valve in the wall. The spout would mount in the wall with a pull up diverter that will then divert the flow to a hand held spray. But I don't suppose you're ready to trash a three or four hundred dollar top of the line Roman faucet to convert to a regular T & S valve. Even for the little woman. What you could do however ,(although it won't be as classy) would be to hunt around for one of those hand held sprays with a end that slips over the end of the spout. Good luck, Tom
    abx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2006, 04:41 PM
    Hello. I think I am looking for the same thing. I found this site: http://www.nextag.com/buyer/outpdir....b&node=2700400
    It would be called a spout with a side outlet diverter. At least that is what I am looking for, as I would like to wash my hair and rinse it after taking a whirlpool bath. As it is, I need to get out and take a shower in order to rinse my hair. Hope this is helpful!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 22, 2006, 05:11 PM
    Another one you might check out is; http://www.matco-norca.com/pdf/p31.pdf
    Scroll down and look at FY-800SO. Good luck, Tom
    abx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2006, 05:37 PM
    Thank you, but I need something to replace the large overhanging spout on a whirlpool that is already in a home I just purchased. I see that other site has a huge discount for their weekend sale, but their regular price is outrageously high, in my opinion. So I called there, and just as it states in their website, they are closed on weekends. Am I missing something? How can you have a weekend sale, and be closed on week ends? I left my number. I think the plumber will be my main expense, but I would like to purchase the product at a discount price when I can. I hate having to take a shower after every bath here. Your wife is on the right track. I had one at my other house. Good luck!
    phamman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by abx
    Thank you, but I need something to replace the large overhanging spout on a whirlpool that is already in a home I just purchased. I see that other site has a huge discount for their weekend sale, but their regular price is outrageously high, in my opinion. So I called there, and just as it states in their website, they are closed on weekends. Am I missing something? How can you have a weekend sale, and be closed on week ends? I left my number. I think the plumber will be my main expense, but I would like to purchase the product at a discount price when I can. I hate having to take a shower after every bath here. Your wife is on the right track. I had one at my other house. Good luck!
    Did you find this diverter? I am looking for the same thing; would you mind telling me where you found it?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 23, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Here is a link to Moen tub filler valve. Price is not bad. Have no idea how much trim kit would cost. Only way you are going to do it neatly.

Moen Rough Valve with Built-in Hand Shower Diverter for Roman Tub Fillers - 10 Inch fixed - 9997 : AbsoluteHome

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower diverter [ 4 Answers ]

A plumbing problem that we can't seem to get a grip on: When we turn the shower knob, the water still runs out of the tub spout. There was initially a piece missing (black rubber gasket type fitting) from the back of the diverter assembly, but now that this piece has been added the assembly either...

Shower diverter [ 1 Answers ]

Jayhawk New Member Join Date: Mar 2006 Speedball: I did as you suggested, took out the valves and flushed the shower mixer/diverter. Pressure was very good and some of the lime and calcium came out. I cleaned up the valves with vinegar and put them back in place. Turned on the water and...

Shower diverter [ 2 Answers ]

I recently gutted my stand up shower. How do I install my new shower diverter and if I paid someone how much should I be charged.

Shower Diverter [ 1 Answers ]

The water in my shower comes out mostly from the tub faucet and not the shower faucet (which I assume is a problem with the diverter) but what I don't understand is that the water pouring out of the tub end is scalding hot, while the water coming out of the shower end is only warm. Then they both...

Shower diverter [ 6 Answers ]

Having trouble with the shower. More water coming out of faucets than the shower. We replaced the diverter but this did not help. Any other ideas. Thanks Jo D.

View more questions Search