Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amirsad Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2013, 06:51 AM
    Injury help just below my ankle bone
    Hi I hurt my ankle while I was playing football and then I played another three matches. Then I rested it for three weeks and it doesn't seem like it's getting better. To specify the injury it is just below my right ankle on both sides and I also have heel pain. Walking on it is fine but when I start to do jogging or something then it hurts. I already went to the doctor, she gave my some tablets and a gel to rub it. Now I am getting an X-ray which is at the end of August so a long time to wait does anyone know what's wrong with me. Also I don't have any bruising and if you want a photo of it just ask hope you can help thanks.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

May 26, 2013, 07:09 AM
    If the doctor who examined you doesn't know without an X-ray, then we can't possibly know or diagnose you. Why a 3 month wait for an X-ray?
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

May 26, 2013, 07:15 AM
    I'm with teacherjenn... without an x-ray we can't say if it's broken or if it's just a sprain. If it's that bad you need to go to the ER and have a proper workup done which includes an x-ray.

May 26, 2013, 07:17 AM
    The doctor said it didn't look like there was anything wrong with the bone as I was able to rotate it easily. She said it must be a damaged ligament and that I should rest it for two week and take tablets and gel and if it doesn't get better send in your slip to get an X-ray done. And for some reasons the hospitals in Ireland give you a long wait to get it checked.
    Education Expert

May 26, 2013, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amirsad View Post
    The doctor said it didn't look like there was anything wrong with the bone as i was able to rotate it easily. She said it must be a damaged ligament and that I should rest it for two week and take tablets and gel and if it doesn't get better send in your slip to get an X-ray done. And for some reasons the hospitals in Ireland give you a long wait to get it checked.
    Can you get in sooner?

May 26, 2013, 07:20 AM
    I will wait until like Friday or Saturday to see if it improves and if it sames the same the I will go to the ER.

May 26, 2013, 07:21 AM
    If it *says the same I will go to the ER.
    Education Expert

May 26, 2013, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amirsad View Post
    if it *says the same I will go to the ER.
    Keep us posted on your ankle.

May 26, 2013, 07:40 AM
    OK will do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collar bone injury [ 0 Answers ]

Four weeks ago I crashed my bike and landed on my shoulder. I have full range of motion of the arm with the only major pain occurring when I cross my body with the injured arm/shoulder. The shoulder was xrayed and I was told I did not break the collar bone. I have a large marble size bump on my...

Ankle injury should I have been given crutches [ 3 Answers ]

Rolled my ankle tonight. Been to a and e no broken bones but I can't put my foot flat on the floor or stand on it. Nurse told me to try and stand just on my toes to walk, tried this excrutiating pain so I am having to hop.

Severe ankle injury [ 5 Answers ]

Is there anybody out there with a severe ankle injury? What do you do for pain and exercise? What are your long term goals for surviving your injury?

View more questions Search