Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bubbles2222345 Posts: 138, Reputation: 0

May 26, 2013, 06:07 AM
    Acupuncture help
    Can anyone give me advice on Acupuncture and if it works or worked for them? I suffer with Migraine and Anxiety which has worsened due to the peri menopause. How many sessions do you have to have and do you have to go afterwards to top up on it? I also have not asked my doctor although I have been told you do not have to? Advice is welcome . Thank you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2013, 06:41 AM
    Go to a reliable and highly-recommended acupuncturist and ask these questions. He will review your medical history with you and figure out (and tell you) how many sessions you will probably need. It didn't work for me for a back problem, but shiatsu (a blend of acupressure and chiropractic) did. My brother had some kind of long-term sinus problem that medical doctors just couldn't fix, but after several acupuncture treatments, he was like new and never had to go back for that particular problem.

No one here can predict the success of acupuncture on your migraines, but I strongly recommend it if you have exhausted other avenues. Helping the anxiety might end up being a side success -- or you may have to go elsewhere for that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2013, 06:50 AM
    It works very well on many things, the cause for yours will depend on what and how it works.

It is not always solved in one visit, but can take several weeks of a couple visits a week, for some more serious issues. Next often Eastern medicine is not a fix and stop, but a on going issue of maybe once a month to keep balance. But that is up to the doctor you see
    RoJohn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2013, 04:47 AM
    It works for my anxiety but only for a few days and then Im anxious again.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 15, 2013, 07:07 AM
    It is used to balance your energy flow in the body, so if there is some other medical issue, or something you may be doing, stress, diet or other, then you make the energy flow out again.

It is fairly painless and worth a try if you are having a lot of problems
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2013, 08:24 AM
    And it may have to be done more than once. I remember I had several treatments before things evened out for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Endometrial Polyps and Acupuncture [ 25 Answers ]

Hello... I Have Been Diagnosed With An Endometrial Uterine Polyp After Having An Ultrasound. My Ob/gyn Is Asking Me To Go In For A D&c And A Hysteroscopy , As Outpatient Surgery Under A Light Anethesia. She Would Like Me To Do It Sometime Soon... I Am Now Also Considering Acupuncture, And...

Acupuncture [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone tried accupuncture for infertility? Was it helpful?

Ever tried acupuncture? [ 13 Answers ]

Has anyone tried acupuncture? I've had this awful pain in my shoulder for longer than I can remember. It used to be on and off. Nothing helps it anymore. No matter how much I stretch it it hurts. I changed to a better purse (I thought maybe my other one was too big and heavy and causing it),...

Acupuncture for polyps in uterus [ 1 Answers ]

Acupuncture in treatment for polyps in uterus I would like to ask if there exist a possibility to treat polyps in uterus by acupuncture. My question is for an 87 year old lady who otherwise has to have an operation with General anaethesie. Thanks, Reneegr

Acupuncture for infertility [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I just recently started acupuncture (for about a month) since I started undergoing fertility treatments. How many times should I go? I've been going once every week but I don't know if I should continue with this frequency. I have been going to a doctor that doesn't specialize in infertility...

View more questions Search