Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loser1993 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2013, 04:08 AM
    I'm suicidal but don't want to talk
    I can't stop thinking about suicide but I don't want to talk to anyone. What do I do?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 26, 2013, 05:41 AM
    You are 'talking' to us. Tell us more. Totally anonymous, if that helps.
    How old are you, where in the world do you live, what is your daily life like at the moment? Did you lose someone recently, or have any awful event, or is this general?
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

May 26, 2013, 05:44 AM
    Sometimes we have to do things we don't like to prevent ourselves from doing something we'll regret so we can feel better. I know that that sounds really backwards, but it's the truth.

We are not psychiatrists, we can only strongly urge you to seek the help you need. Even if you don't see a psychiatrist perhaps there's a friend or family member or someone else that you can speak with.

Myself and the other members of this site are here to help if you need us though, but we won't replace professional help. So if you want to tell us what's bothering you and why you currently feel this way, perhaps we can offer some advice. Or at least help you find someone you feel comfortable speaking with openly.

May 26, 2013, 03:07 PM
    Ive been like this for as long as I can remember. Im 20 and I live in new zealand. Nothings helping and I've been in touch with mental health a lot over the past 6 months and have been diagnosed with depression and PTSD but they won't help.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2013, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by loser1993 View Post
    have been diagnosed with depression and PTSD but they wont help.
    Who won't help?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 26, 2013, 05:35 PM
    Won't help - because of no insurance, no way to pay for treatment? Was it a clinic or hospital or private practice?
    Who do you live with, or do you live alone?
    What do you do with your day?
    Are you willing to say one sentence about the event that brought on PTSD? If that's too tough, just say no.
    Do you have a best friend?

May 27, 2013, 08:39 PM
    I have no friends and family that care and I live alone. Mental health don't help because I guess they don't know how to. Im constantly thinking and planning suicide and I try on pretty much a weekly basis. My family has made life miserable and every kind of abuse runs in the family. I don't think anyone can help me anymore. Ive cried out for help several times but I don't think people hear me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 27, 2013, 08:42 PM
    I have no friends and family that care and I live alone. Mental health don't help because I guess they don't know how to. Im constantly thinking and planning suicide and I try on pretty much a weekly basis. My family has made life miserable and every kind of abuse runs in the family. I don't think anyone can help me anymore. Ive cried out for help several times but I don't think people hear me.
    Of course mental health professionals know how to help! Are you doing your part?

You are getting feedback here. Isn't that something? Now, what can I (we) do for you. I'm a mental health professional, so ask me anything.

May 27, 2013, 08:47 PM
    I have no idea. I answer their questions honestly, and I've told them everything I think about but I don't think its enough. They wanted to put me in hospital but I said no. Im the kind of person who has to be able to get up and leave whenever I want, or I freak out. Can I actually be helped or is this crap just going to carry on? Ive been to a lot of counsellors from when I was 10 but they plain just don't help.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 27, 2013, 08:49 PM
    I have no idea. I answer their questions honestly, and ive told them everything I think about but I don't think its enough. They wanted to put me in hospital but I said no. Im the kind of person who has to be able to get up and leave whenever I want, or I freak out. Can I actually be helped or is this crap just going to carry on? Ive been to a lot of counsellors from when I was 10 but they plain just don't help.
    It sounds like you are refusing to cooperate. How could they best help you, do you think?

Do you take any meds?

May 27, 2013, 08:54 PM
    The only thing I'm refusing is to be locked up in a little room. Surely that can't be the only way they "help". Putting me in there is not going to help. I don't know what else I can do, I told them exactly how I feel. What would you suggest?

May 27, 2013, 08:56 PM
    No I am not on any prescribed meds
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 27, 2013, 08:57 PM
    The only thing im refusing is to be locked up in a little room. Surely that can't be the only way they "help". Putting me in there is not going to help. I don't know what else I can do, I told them exactly how I feel. What would you suggest?
    They don't lock you up in a little room. Who on earth told you that?

Do you take any meds? Have you been diagnosed for anything?

May 27, 2013, 09:06 PM
    PTSD and Depression. Ive heard a lot about that place. They can force you to take medication as well. I have to be in charge of what I do and don't do, that's the only way I stay calm. I really can't stop thinking and planning ways to do it. I told them that, they just say they hope I don't. I don't know how they can help
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 27, 2013, 09:14 PM
    PTSD and Depression. Ive heard a lot about that place. They can force you to take medication as well. I have to be in charge of what I do and don't do, that's the only way I stay calm. I really can't stop thinking and planning ways to do it. I told them that, they just say they hope I don't. I don't know how they can help
    You've heard (from whom?) "a lot about" what place?

So you want help but refused the help that has been offered.

Do you know WHY you have PTSD and Depression? And what are your symptoms?

You're male?

May 27, 2013, 09:28 PM
    No I'm female, they told me to stick with counselling. Ive done that for a couple of years. It's the stories that people tell me about the mental wards. It makes me second guess going there. Im still going to counselling and telling them everything, the only thing I'm refusing is to be put in hospital. Symptoms? They just asked me a bunch of questions and that's what they came up with
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 27, 2013, 09:38 PM
    No im female, they told me to stick with counselling. Ive done that for a couple of years. Its the stories that people tell me about the mental wards. It makes me second guess going there. Im still going to counselling and telling them everything, the only thing im refusing is to be put in hospital. Symptoms? they just asked me a bunch of questions and that's what they came up with
    Why not take meds? They would smooth out the wrinkles and take away the suicide desire.

Ask your counselor (you have one now?) to take you on a tour of a psych unit.

May 27, 2013, 09:42 PM
    Because everyone thinks meds are a bad idea, I had an addiction to pills about 6 months ago and now I don't take any at all. If medication is available to me and I'm in a low mood, I will just take the lot
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 27, 2013, 09:45 PM
    Because everyone thinks meds are a bad idea, I had an addiction to pills about 6 months ago and now I don't take any at all. If medication is available to me and im in a low mood, I will just take the lot
    "Everyone." Hmmmm.

So what is the solution, do you think?

May 27, 2013, 09:48 PM
    I have no idea. That's why I think the way I do because I don't see a way out. I hate my life and every time something good happens, bad things make it crap again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My fiancé don't like to talk on phone. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am engaged and after my marriage I have to give certain exams to get a job, but as my fiancé is not very regular on phones or try to ignore me, I am not able to study that well most of the time I don't like to study when he doesn't talk to me, I start taking everything negatively and...

View more questions Search