Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VaughnMH Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2013, 11:57 AM
    Skeletons, Xylophones and a Running Man, and while I got you here...
    Could someone help me identify a movie I saw in my childhood from a vague scene description? The movie was on TV, I was anywhere between 8 and 11, so the era of the film would've been 1963-67ish. It was in color so I know it wasn't any older than probably 1964. I remember xylophones in the opening credits and eerie xylophone music throughout the whole film as well as skeletons. The one scene, however,that stands out the most,was a scene where a guy was running away from someone or something and it was on a crowded busy downtown street in a big city at night, the weird xylophone music in the background and the movie must've been about some kind of mind control as he was hallucinating. The Walk/Don't Walk" signs at the intersections were flashing on and off and they suddenly turned to "Don't Run", which freaked the man out.

I know that's not much of a description , but its all I can remember.

There's an older movie from my childhood that stands out as well, black and white, probably 50's, I was around 4 or 5 when I saw it. It caught my attention because it was a scene of scuba divers and I was fascinated with scuba diving at the time. The divers were confronted by a clam like monster that ate one of them and I remember a scene where one of the divers was half stuck inside the monster's mouth being eaten alive. It scared the hell out of me as a kid and I would probably get a good laugh if I could find the film and that scene on YouTube.
    adolf_hilfiger Posts: 720, Reputation: 218

May 26, 2013, 02:23 AM
    First movie is: The Power (1968)

May 26, 2013, 06:45 AM
    Thank you! You have just satisfied a 40 plus year old search for me! All the best!
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

May 26, 2013, 09:59 AM
    The second one sounds like The Monster that Challenged the World:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM7b0-HoTlc

May 27, 2013, 07:19 AM
    Sounds like you're on the right track, though not sure. I distinctly remember a scene where a diver is half hanging out of the creature's mouth. Then again, I was probably 4 or 5 when I saw it. Thanks folks!
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

May 27, 2013, 09:13 AM
    Hmmm that was a terrible link I posted for you, try this one, much better quality (much) - at around 6 min 30 seconds-ish, you see the diver in the creatures mouth... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erQ_NJDGI0A

May 27, 2013, 11:44 AM
    Looks very close to it. That's probably it. Thanks. I remember it scared hell out of me as a kid.Still didn't keep me away from the water,though.

May 27, 2013, 11:57 AM
    While we're on the subject of movies with water monsters, there's another one I remember (colour,I think) where some folks were out on a ship and a monstrous looking King Neptune came out of the sea. Ring a bell?

May 27, 2013, 05:17 PM
    While I'm 100% sure Adolf got the first movie right and I'm about 90% sure Aliseaodo got the second movie, something is still nagging me about that. I seem to remember the diver being in a clamlike creature's mouth being chomped on FROM HIS WAIST and you could see blood floating up, but it could be jumbled up childhood memories. After all, I'm going on an almost half century year old memory.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Man running away with martial arts skills and a dragon tattoo on his back [ 1 Answers ]

The man with the dragon tattoo on his back is targeted by a beautiful mercenary woman with the same dragon tattoo on the back... she can't kill him and electricity with sparks start to appear as the touch and their dragon tattoo begins to glow. What's the name of the movie?

How to calculate the power output of a man running up stairs [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I'm a senior (12th grade) Physics student and I have a question in my work that goes like this... "A 150-lb. man runs upstairs to a floor 10 feet above him in 5 seconds. What is his power output in horsepower?" I've searched the website for other questions like mine but they didn't...

Newly planted Crabapple tree leaves look like skeletons [ 1 Answers ]

We planted a crabapple tree 2 months ago following the nursery and company guidelines and noticed that some of the leaves look as if the green part of the leaf disappeared and the skeletel remains of the leaf form remain. Fruit is abundant all over the tree and other leaves look healthy. Any help...

View more questions Search