Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 25, 2013, 07:35 AM
    Life Insurance Question?
    Is there any way to tell If a life insurance policy has been taken out on your life without your knowledge? I just fired a shady lawyer that attempted to convert my home and assets in a will she had drawn up for me. I'm in stage 4 of CLL and just want to be sure I'm completely clear of her. There's been a complaint filed and a investigation is ongoing. Thanks for any information. Tom
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 25, 2013, 07:52 AM
    People can't just take out a policy on someone, there has to be some relationship either family relation, business, fiduciary or contractual. For example, I can't take out a policy on my next door neighbor, I may try to see how he can be "accidently" killed. Was this attorney attempting to convert to make her beneficiary or attempting to be named executor?-Named as executor is commonly done.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 25, 2013, 08:43 AM
    No, there is no way to know, unless the person has a interest in your life, ( reason to collect( they can not collect. Also, at this level, there is no way you will get a policy issues, and if they did, you would have to do a physcial exam
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 25, 2013, 10:09 AM
    There are two people in the world I would never lie to and who I give my trust. One is my doctor and the other's my lawyer UNTIL I catch them in a lie. This lawyer had me make out a new will. Since at the time I was living alone and had no family close I gave her medical power and power of attorney. When I caught her in a lie I ran a background check on her. What I found out sent me down to another lawyer to write a new will. Cutting her out. The background check showed she had been married 14 times, with 7 deaths and only one divorce. This smelled like a elderly scam to me. I have later learned that she's volunteering three nights a week cooking up at the Elks Club and what do you want to bet one of those old men has a new best friend.
    I want to cover all bases so one more time. Having given her all this power is there any way she could have taken out a life insurance policy on my before I revoked the will? And how can I check? Thanks for your responses, Tom
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 25, 2013, 01:58 PM
    No, she could not have a policy unless she lied. You can always rescind POA. Have the other Atty do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A company insurance salesman sold a life insurance policy to a client for a premium o [ 1 Answers ]

A company insurance salesman sold a life insurance policy to a client for a premium of $25,000. The agency billed the client for the policy and is entitled to a commission of 20%. How do I do an adjusting journal entry for this question? Will it have two parts to it?

Mother-in-law has life insurance on sons life. [ 15 Answers ]

Can my mother-in-law benefit from her sons death? He passed away last November, 2010 leaving a widow and 4 children? She had 2 policies on him. Can I fight her on this?

Shall I be successful in insurance agency( life insurance corporation of india) [ 2 Answers ]

At present I am a life insurance agent full timer since last 01 year but not much business. I want to know whether I shall be successful in this profession.

View more questions Search