Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loser3478 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2013, 08:02 PM
    How do I convince my parents to let me live with family?
    Hi. I’m 13 and live with my mom, dad, and sister. My parents almost separated a year ago and I was happy because me my mom and sister got to go live with family. I was never really happy with my dad because he says mean things and his jokes aren't funny anymore. Me and my sister never get along she laughs when I get hurt and blames everything on me.

My parents got back together after a year. My dad is a total jerk to me because if something happens I’m the first he goes to, my sister is still a jerk for no reason, and my mom isn’t really doing anything about it and won’t let me go live with family again by myself.

I have been in depression for a year and it is getting worse and I have social anxiety bad and every time I say I want to leave, or leave me alone, my sister just yells at me to shut the **** up and she is almost in college. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can convince my parents to let me live with family. I need to convince my mom the most cause she says she’ll miss me and won’t do anything. I have come to her crying to let me leave but she keeps saying no.

So please help me. Living with family is the only thing I am happy about. I never had depression when I lived with them.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 23, 2013, 08:04 PM
    A psychiatrist has diagnosed your depression and social anxiety, or these are just what you believe are problems for you?

Who are "family"?

May 23, 2013, 08:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    A psychiatrist has diagnosed your depression and social anxiety, or these are just what you believe are problems for you?

Who are "family"?
    Yes a psychiatrist has diagnosed my depression and social anxiet.. and family is my grandparents aunts and uncle they all live in the same state and town
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 23, 2013, 08:17 PM
    Your parents will allow you to move out?

You've lived with these other relatives in the past?

May 23, 2013, 08:23 PM
    Your parents will allow you to move out?

You've lived with these other relatives in the past?
    I'm trying to convince my mom.I don't know about my dad cause if we even spend 2 dollars he starts yelling but one time I said jokingly that I'm going to live with family then he jumped up and screamed at my mom to buy me a ticket to fly to them. And yes I have lived with my family before my mom and sis stayed with my aunt while I stayed with my grandparents
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 23, 2013, 08:28 PM
    Then have a family meeting with your parents and outline your plan for moving, for school, and for staying in touch with them.

May 23, 2013, 08:34 PM
    Then have a family meeting with your parents and outline your plan for moving, for school, and for staying in touch with them.
    I have already tried that. But I did school there and it was terrible I have been bullied my whole life but not by family.im being home schooled and they have the same program there so I told them that to just give me the stuff I need and make my aunt my legal gardian so I can do it there I have a skype just like my mom and a cellphone so we could talk and I told them that I could just stay with my grandparents because they have extra rooms but they keep saying no have any other ideas I mostly need to convince my mom
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 23, 2013, 08:35 PM
    Why do they say no?

May 23, 2013, 08:38 PM
    Why do they say no?
    I have no idea my dad doesn't really care I think,but my mom always says no that it would be bad and shell miss me but I keep telling her that its better and it would help my depression a lot
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 23, 2013, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by loser3478 View Post
    i have no idea my dad dosnt really care i think,but my mom always says no that it would be bad and shell miss me but i keep telling her that its better and it would help my depression alot
    But what about your psychiatrist? And you are getting counseling for that and for the social anxiety, right?

May 23, 2013, 08:45 PM
    But what about your psychiatrist? And you are getting counseling for that and for the social anxiety, right?
    No but I'm suppose to go to counseling in a month but I feel like my depression is getting worse because now I don't like talking to anybody but my grandparents aunts cousins and uncle and I just feel like crying everyday for no reason sometimes

May 23, 2013, 09:00 PM
    Just need ideas on how to convince them
    Warbo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

May 23, 2013, 09:41 PM
    I don't understand what do you mean "live with family"? Are you adopted or do you want to be adopted?

May 23, 2013, 10:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbo View Post
    I don't understand what do you mean "live with family"? Are you adopted or do you want to be adopted?
    I'm not adopted I live with my real parents and what I mean by live with family I am talking about going to live with grandparents or aunts they don't live near me
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 23, 2013, 11:16 PM
    im supose to go to counseling in a month
    Why do you have to wait a month? As soon as the psychiatrist gives you meds, he also gives you referrals for counseling and wants to to start right away. If you don't, he will take away your med prescription for noncompliance.

May 24, 2013, 12:35 AM
    Why do you have to wait a month? As soon as the psychiatrist gives you meds, he also gives you referrals for counseling and wants to to start right away. If you don't, he will take away your med prescription for noncompliance.
    Actully we move in a month so we are just going to wait and I had a doctor when I lived with my grandparents she told me about the depression and social anxity she also did the psychiatrist stuff and I don't know about the meds
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 24, 2013, 06:30 AM
    actully we move in a month so we are just going to wait and i had a doctor when i lived with my grandparents she told me about the depression and social anxity she also did the psychiatrist stuff and i dont know about the meds
    So a doctor (psychiatrist?) told you that you are depressed and have social anxiety, but did nothing about it? No mention of medication and counseling? Why am I having trouble with this?

How are your depression and social anxiety manifested?

Who is "we" and where are "we" moving to?

May 24, 2013, 07:11 PM
    So a doctor (psychiatrist?) told you that you are depressed and have social anxiety, but did nothing about it? No mention of medication and counseling? Why am I having trouble with this?

How are your depression and social anxiety manifested?

Who is "we" and where are "we" moving to?
    We were going back to my dad she was the one who told me to go to counseling..
    With the depression I just don't talk and I'm always upset..
    With the social anxiety I don't ever go out side unless I have to,I don't say hi or try to make friends.
    We is me,my sister,my mom, and my dad but I won't say we are going because I don't want to tell anybody were I'm moving to
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 24, 2013, 07:19 PM
    we is me,my sister,my mom, and my dad but i wont say we are going because i don't want to tell anybody were i'm moving to
    It boils down fact that you don't want to move and leave behind what you know and love about where you live now? (to another town in your state? Out of state? To another country?)

May 24, 2013, 07:50 PM
    It boils down fact that you don't want to move and leave behind what you know and love about where you live now? (to another town in your state? out of state? to another country?)
    It just a hour away,all of my friends moved somewhere else but on of them is moving to the same place.I actully hate where I live.just today I got in a fight with her,well she did all of the talking,I hate my sister and dad,I hate my sis because she is a total jerk to me,I hate my dad because he is a jerk to me and my mom he always makes fun of my wight and how I look and it makes me upset because he is my own dad.I'm really self conscious.

I really just want to know how to convince my parents to let me live with my grandparents

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convince my parents about my love? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi. I am a non Brahmin gal in love with a Brahmin guy. We are family friends since 2004. We are of the same age and love each other so much for the past 3 years. My parents are looking out for a guy for the past 2 years. I'm being pushed for a marriage because I have a younger sis. My man is not...

How to convince her parents [ 1 Answers ]

HI friends tis is raam... I love a girl since last 4 yrs... she is my school friend and same age... my parents and her parents are family friends fom our childhood... now am working and she is studying... she also in love wit me... she also like me very much but she got very afraid to tell our...

Can a 16 year old choose to not live with her parents or any other immediate family? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay my friend has asked me to help her out, she wishes not to live with her family because they way they treat her, they emotinaly bully her for controle over her. She wants me to find out if she can decide whether she lives with them or can come live with me. I haven't had much luck looking for...

How to convince parents for marriage. [ 4 Answers ]

I am in relationship past 7 yrs now, somehow I convinced my parents long back... But unfortunately the guy is unable to convince his parents, because he was confident enough that his parents would agree as they themselves did love marriage.. so it been past 5 yrs he is trying to convince but in...

How convince parents? [ 1 Answers ]

I am because and she is oc .I have no great background but her father has great infulence .and he likes her daughter very much what to do marry her .is he agree?

View more questions Search