Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Faith_luv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2013, 07:38 AM
    Payroll
    Hi everyone!

Please help me with this payroll issue I am having at this moment.

I have been working with my current employer for 2 months now. My first day of working was on 5th April 2013.

On 25th April, my salary been credited to my bank account. I was very surprised because the amount almost hit 10times bigger than my actual salary - received 20K MYR : after deduction of tax and employee provident fund (what's written on my Offer Letter/Employment Contract: 3200 MYR basic salary). Because our payroll is in a different location/state, so we will only be receiving our payslip 2 to 3 weeks late. When I received my payslip last week, the amount written on it was exactly the amount that was credited to my bank account on 25th April 2013.

At first I thought it was a job bonus since we do have bonus given on every April and October. But right after I saw the payslip, it was not the bonus like what I thought. So I was wondering maybe they have increased my salary.

Today, after almost 2 months working, I received my second salary from this company. I am so shocked and overjoyed seeing the amount increased from 20K now to 49K. I have not received this month's payslip.

Can you guys please advice what do I do next? My friend told me I should query the payroll master but it was a bug sum of money that I don't want to lose.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 23, 2013, 09:39 AM
    Yes you need to query your payroll department. If this was a mistake, then you will lose the money anyway, once they catch on to the mistake. But it will look better if you bring it to their attention even if it wasn't a mistake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ouickbooks payroll j/e, cash basis using a Payroll Co. [ 5 Answers ]

We use a payroll company to process our payroll. Each payroll they deduct the money for our taxes. If I enter the taxes as a payable, it messes up my books because the money is already deducted with the biweekly payroll. My quarterly reports did not match my QB files and I cannot figure out what...

I have 5 companies that each have payroll can I do payroll out of 1 and bill the othe [ 4 Answers ]

I have 5 companies and do payroll out of all 5 can I do payroll out of one and bill the others. Some of the companies only have one employee. Any reason to do separate payrolls.

When the payroll is paid, payroll taxes become a(n) ________ to the employer. [ 1 Answers ]

The answer is liability but why is it a liability but not an expense

Payroll and Payroll Tax Expense on an Income Statement [ 2 Answers ]

Is the payroll expense on the Income Statement the gross amount of payroll? What I have seen so far is that it is the gross amount and then the payroll taxes are also listed. Isn't it doubling the amount of expense for the payroll taxes? Thanks for your help!

Payroll company witholding money from uncashed payroll check [ 1 Answers ]

I have a payroll check that is about four years old and the payroll company says that they are in no way obligated to reissue me a check, and that the escheat laws only apply to government office jobs but that is not true. Who would I contact to help me on this problem?

View more questions Search