Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jaks1442 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2013, 01:17 PM
    My 8 year old is disruptive at home
    He quickly loses his temper, often over very simple things, which soon escalate into a full blown temper tantrum.

He is on medication at night for a sleep disorder. This is sometimes the start of the problem, when it's time to take the tablets he will start messing about and screaming an shouting at me.

He is awful with his dad and generally picks on his younger sister most of the time.

He is completely disrupting the house and I am at my wits end.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 22, 2013, 01:48 PM
    I would get a second opinion on the sleep disorder, to see if his behavior is related to a condition or a side effect of the drug.
    Children often resist going to sleep and that's a problem but not a disease. Does he have apnea, snoring, something measurable and visible?

There is a tremendous amount of controversy about medications being handed out to children at an alarmingly high rate, several hundred % more than 25 years ago.
    What is the drug and what is his disorder called? What were the symptoms for it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disruptive dog habit [ 1 Answers ]

Our miniature long haired chocolate dapple Dachshund has a habit of sratching usually about 2-4 miniutes on the surface where he is about to sleep for the night.He sleeps in bed with me,and he scratches on the sheets.Our female 'Red-Piebald does not turn in circles or scratch at all.She lays down...

Disruptive 8 year old [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old son who is starting to be disruptive at home. He is the baby of 5 children. He is being very disruptive and is not listening, he says mean things to his and is physically fighting with his 11 year old brother. When he speaks to me or his father he acts like he is 2 years old....

SS disruptive behavior [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys... I have tried everything nothing and I mean NOTHING will work. My stepson whom is 10 absolutely hates me, I am at the end with him. He will do nothing I ask him to do. When his dad gets him he stays right under his dad. I have set bed time rules shower time rules and none of this works....

Disruptive Family Member [ 8 Answers ]

To make a long story short; the family member who's disruptive is my boyfriend's sister in law and we don't know what to do. His family is chinese and she's very traditional and so she's going by those rules and so forth. She married his oldest brother in February 2004 and his father welcomed her...

View more questions Search