Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smartcook Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 09:13 PM
    likert scale
    I am doing an action research experiment with one grade 5 class as the experimental group and the other grade 5 class as the control group. My dependent variable is performance and my independent variable is new program. I cannot randomly assign the students to either group as they are already in set classrooms and I see them at different times of the day. I am giving both groups a pre-survey based on a six point likert scale and the same survey as a post-survey. I want to examine the differences in attitudes within each group and then compare them to each other. What kind of tests would I need to do? Z score? T of independent means, chi? :confused:
    smartcook Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 11:26 PM
    Actually, I have narrowed the test down to either a t-test of independent means or a ANCOVA. Anybody know which one would be the best?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Validity of likert scale [ 2 Answers ]

I am constructing a likert scale. How could I know about its validity

Likert scales and statistics [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have done a survey that is trying to find the opinions about various aspects of HR and how these opinions differ in the public and private sector. The survey I have used involves a Likert scale. Any recommendations as to what sort of statistical analysis I should try? Thanks

Fahrenheit scale [ 1 Answers ]

Most countries use the metric system, including in weather reports. Most airports now have automated weather systems that disseminate reports using the Celsius scale for temperature, and meters/second for wind speed. Do you think the U.S. should eliminate the Fahrenheit scale entirely and report...

View more questions Search