Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BILALEAHMED Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2013, 02:31 AM
    Can I get German Citizenship with German Ancestry?
    Hi, I have a German grandmother and my mother was also born in Germany. I have original birth certificates from Berlin for my Mother. She later became a Pakistani citizen when she married my father and I was born in Pakistan. Can I get German Ancestry on the basis of my German grandmother and mother? Regards BILAL
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 22, 2013, 03:27 AM
    Your mother was born n Germany, you can obtain german citizenship.
    akmorsel Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2013, 03:05 PM
    That depends on when you were born, and whether or not your mother lost her citizenship before you were born.
    If you are truly interested in finding out I would suggest looking at this site and read the information:

http://andreasmoser.wordpress.com/20...aw-in-germany/

This one can help too:

German Missions in the United States - Citizenship
    akmorsel Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2013, 03:22 PM
    That depends on when you were born, on whether your mother lost her citizenship before you were born.
    If you are truly interested in finding out I would suggest looking at this site and read the information: http://andreasmoser.wordpress.com/20...aw-in-germany/

This one can help too: German Missions in the United States - Citizenship

When one accepts citizenship of another country they automatically lose their german citizenship, therefore cannot pass it on to their children.

German Missions in the United States - Loss of Citizenship

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I claim German citizenship via ancestry? [ 10 Answers ]

All right, I am a quarter German from two great grandmothers. I don't know the specifics for one (though I could dig that up), but for the other, she was born to two immigrants from Germany, so she was full German. But she was born in the U.S. Her daughter, my dad's mom, is dead. My dad is...

German citizenship by ancestry [ 1 Answers ]

I was born in South Africa and did get German citizenship in about 1995 as a result of ancestry. I have renewed once and now need to renew again. I heard that they do not renew anymore!! Can someone advise me? I am 55.

German citizenship through ancestry [ 0 Answers ]

My husband, father were born in the Uk London as son of German Diplomat but his father were German citizen . So my husband father is also German citizen , he then moved to South Africa due to being diplomat and later on became SA citizen. Will my husband be eligible for German citizenship or Uk...

If my mom was a german citizen can I gain german citizenship [ 0 Answers ]

My mom was born in Germany in 1968 and moved to Canada when she was three years old. In her twenties she gained Canadian citizenship. I was born in 1994 in Canada. Am I able to gain German citizenship or dual Canadian-German citizenship as a result of her being German decent? I have been unable to...

German citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was born in Germany in 1953 but migrated with my parents to Australia in 1954 and except for about a year in 1960 when we returned to Germany, I have lived in Australia all my life. My mother and all her family are German but my father is from the Sudentenland so may be considered...

View more questions Search