Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetiepie77 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2013, 01:14 AM
    Jealousy.
    Hi all,

My problem is that my jealousy is ruining my life. I try not to, but it just takes hold of me and I don't know what to do. I've been with my partner for two years, and I know he loves me very much, but I can't help feeling like he's going to up and leave. He s never gave me any reason to think this. I've never been in a relationship with anyone who has cheated on me.

I get all jealous of him talking to other females, at work or on Facebook. I keep looking at his "friends" on Facebook and thinking who the hell is she and does he fancy her.

Please help. I am not a young girl and could say that's my problem, I'm a woman in my 40 s acting like a teenager.
    hamburgee Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

May 22, 2013, 01:40 AM
    I think that you should actually sit down with him and talk to him. Ask him if he actually is having a affair, and if he says he's not. Just investigate a bit further. If he says he is, well maybe he's not right for you, even though your 40, you can still go find fish in the sea. Best of luck ;) Hamburgee <3

May 22, 2013, 02:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburgee View Post
    I think that you should actually sit down with him and talk to him. Ask him if he actually is having a affair, and if he says hes not. Just investigate a bit further. If he says he is, well maybe hes not right for you, even though your 40, you can still go find fish in the sea. Best of luck ;) Hamburgee <3
    Deep in my heart , I know he loves me and isn't having an affair... its just in my head . I feel insecure . We are engaged and have been friends for years. Iknow things about his past and I think that s what's making me think this way .
    vanacova Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

May 22, 2013, 02:48 AM
    I think u should actually leave him and give him a lesson

Jun 6, 2013, 02:49 AM
    Are they just friends?
    My lovely boyfriend still has his exes family on his friends list on Facebook. Should I be worried?? Been together for nearly 2years.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 6, 2013, 04:22 AM
    No. Emphatically no.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 6, 2013, 05:57 AM
    No, not at all.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 6, 2013, 07:58 AM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/emotio...sy-751928.html

Did you leave out some important details?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/3477356-post5.html

This was my advice,

I would be insecure too if my relationship began with cheating. I think most people would. That's not a healthy love nor does it make for healthy people. Maybe that's something you work on in yourself and that's a really tough thing to overcome.

I really don't know how you gain confidence and trust in him but you clearly both have flaws to work on because from what you have written he doesn't reassure you and probably doesn't know how his action feed that insecurity and fear. Its hard to grow love and enjoy each other in healthy ways in such a situation of fear, insecurity, and constant jealousy.

I don't even know if this relationship can even stand a dose of honest communications. But that's clearly what's needed
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 6, 2013, 10:35 AM
    You say you lost your hubby 3 years ago - did he divorce you or die?
    You may be suffering from fear of loss. That needs therapy.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2013, 03:23 PM
    "even though your 40, you can still go find fish in the sea"

So even people over 40 can find happiness? Thank goodness!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jealousy [ 3 Answers ]

Please help. My boyfriend is hellbent on killing our relationship over nothing. I'm at such a low point that I really don't know what to do anymore. I feel so lost and hurt, since I love him so much. What can I do to make him see that I would never cheat on him? -edited for readability

Good jealousy vs bad jealousy [ 10 Answers ]

Hi all, I just was reading a thread on here regarding a jealous boyfriend... which made me have some of my own thoughts. Let's have a discussion regarding our view points on 'good' vs. 'bad' jealousy.. is there such a thing, or is it all 'bad' or unhealthy? Any opinions? Much appreciated!...

How much jealousy is OK? [ 14 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are very much in love. Everything is perfect except one thing: He's SO jealous. He's told me that HIS GIRLFRIEND does not hang out with males unless they are long time friends and even that is iffy, I'm not allowed to see anyone I've dated (I'm friends with my exes), I'm not...

Jealousy. [ 6 Answers ]

I have a big problem with jealousy. I've met a very special guy and I'm very in love with him, and I don't want him to see how jealous I really am. I'll get mad if he even TALKS to another girl or walks with one to class, especially if she's hot. It's like inferiority complex, I guess I just have a...

View more questions Search